cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Login access denied

Go to solution

I went through the process of creating a new ID using my email address, however, just as I thought I was getting somewhere...ie. I activated ID through activation email, and It said Well Done! options were....create additional security or skip to MY BT, so I skipped to my BT and logged in using my new ID (email address) and new password, and basically it said either my email has not been verified or password not been set and I needed to look for a previous email, or request a new one. As I didn't have a previous verification email, I requested a new one. I clicked resend activation email ..it says it's been sent but I haven't received.

I'm going round in circles.

Any further help please

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

@MSP11 I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

Hi

I am having same problem and use a username not an email address -what can I do

thanks Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

Hi

I have read message 12 - using the link I have verified my BT ID is my current user name not an email address - do I request a new ID and make that my email address - worried I will lose access to emails etc?

Thanks Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

plus to last question -will passwords to my email be different for email and my BT?

Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

Creating a new BTID will not affect your email. It is just that a BTID needs to be in the format of an email address now, it can be any email address, it doesn't have to be a btinternet email address.

Yes, BTID and Email passwords are no longer linked. It is your choice if you wish to use the same for both or different.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

All seems good -thank you for all

Seems a shame BT could not advise change needed

Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

I came here looking for this very question.  So thank you, the answer is here.

BT, you are a bunch of muppets*. That was so much pain that could have been avoided

• BT says you have an ID -- wouldn't have been hard to say it wasn't an email format and that's your problem?
  • I use a password manager to create strong passwords - can I paste in a 20 character complex password - heck no
  • My security question of first car answer had invalid characters - why? Turns out you can't have a space - really?
  • 10 minutes waiting before I can click on the activation link - seriously?

* I know I'm shouting in the wrong place, spent too much time on BT's site, not going looking for the complaints box to waste more time and needed to rant. Thank you for the therapy!

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

I too am having this problem.  ID worked fine only two weeks ago but now can't access account.  Tried to create a new ID but it wants the account number.  My bills are paperless so I can't get to them to get the account number.  What do I do to set up a new ID and get back into my account please ?

0 Ratings