cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Order cancelled 7 times

Here’s the problem.

My mum has tried to order a regrade of her service from FTTC to FTTP. The house already has an ONT fitted from a connection that I had when I stayed there previously. The ONT has the usual green lights on Power and PON, LOS and LAN are both off.

The regrade was originally ordered back sometime at the end of June/beginning of July. The original order was booked as requiring an engineer visit as the ONT was unplugged at the time of order. After speaking with BT customer services we cancelled that original order and placed a new one the following day - 23/07/23.

Since this date this regrade order has been cancelled and re-ordered at least 7 times. She has spent hours on the phone with BT, with several call handlers telling her that this shouldn’t happen and if we leave it 24 hours it will be ok to order again. This is absolutely disgraceful - how can the same thing be done this many times despite the same outcome each time.

It’s now the second week of September and my mum has been without a landline since then with no explanation as to why the orders keep failing.

How can we get to the bottom of why the orders keep getting cancelled and get this regrade completed??!

The reason she is without a landline - the house is a newish build which had the BT master in a really odd place which was then linked via cat5e to the main phone socket at the back of the house. Due to the entry point of the Fibre the cat5e was repurposed to carry the new connection from the ONT to the back of the house where the home hub is.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Order cancelled 7 times

Hi @rsteer I'm really sorry to see your Mum is experiencing problems with her order for FTTP. I'll send you a private message so you can contact us with the order details and we'll be happy to look into why the orders are being cancelled.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Order cancelled 7 times

Thank you @NeilO , I have replied to your PM

0 Ratings