cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Return Equipment Issues

Good morning, all,

I'm moving to a new contract with BT and have received my return equipment bag/pre-paid label.

I took the equipment to the Post Office this morning, and they have told me they are unable to send the equipment back as the address is coming back invalid when they scan it.

Address is: BT Returns, Scottish Distribution Centre, SDC, XX50 5NN.

I've searched for this issue and seen other forum posters advise that Royal Mail know it's a Distro Centre and will 'just handle it', but my local is refusing to do that. At a loss on where to go next.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Return Equipment Issues

Hi @jp-wb That address looks ok, was the returns label recently sent to you or is it an old one? If you could take a picture of the returns label and post it here I can get it checked.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

415749695_854202469791143_6925026419561454387_n.jpg

Hi Neil,

Please see attached.

I received the label yesterday - attempted to post today. Not quite sure what to do if I can't get Royal Mail to send it to the above post code though?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks @jp-wb  it's a non-geographic postcode which are quite normal for big businesses. They don't appear on the Royal Mail postcode checker but this doesn't matter, the post office can still process them. Did the post office clerk scan the barcode?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the quick response, Neil!

She did scan it, yes, and was unfortunately quite adamant about not being able to send it. Perhaps I'll try a different Post Office in the week and get back to you if I have any further issues?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I have the same issue. I am trying to return the TV box but my post office says they can’t accept it as there is an issue as it comes up as invalid 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @jp-wb and @M-H62 

Thanks for highlighting this to us we want to investigate this further I am going to send both of you a private message please include the info requested and if possible a picture of the full address and bar code on the label so we can help.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 8 of 10

Thank you, Stuart,

I have personal messaged back, as requested.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

How was this resolved as we are sending parcels back with that address and I don’t want a wasted journey to post office 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I went back to the post office and persisted, so they accepted it eventually.  It was still a nightmare though - BT kept messaging me to send the TV kit back, so I had to send them my tracking number for the parcel. They told me it had been received and to ignore future messages, which kept coming, until 2 months later they tried to charge me £140 for non-returned kit! I was fuming! I will never go down the BT/EE TV route again. I hope you have better luck. 

0 Ratings