cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT account hacked and Xbox pass purchased

Hi,

My BT account has been hacked overnight and the monthly subscription to Xbox pass purchased. I’ve managed to reset my password (and tighten up security in general)  and cancel the subscription, but I’m assuming I will just have to accept that I will be charged £10 this month and someone will be free to use this pass until the subscription ends on 21/10/23? A bit annoyed as when I went to log on, BT had locked my account because they suspected it had been hacked but this has been allowed to go though! 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT account hacked and Xbox pass purchased

Hi @Hellsbells84, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry your account was hacked and a Game Pass ordered. It's good that you've took action to change your password and tighten your security overall.

We won't be able to find out more info on what happened but we can get the charge refunded for you. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for this.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 6

Hi, yes mine too. Just contacted BT on 150 and spoke with adviser. I've taken same action and changed MyBT password. I've also cancelled subscription. BT have agreed to credit my upcoming account with £10 to offset any erroneous charge. Please reach out to them for assistance.

Message 4 of 6

@CAJOS @Hellsbells84 If you haven't already I highly recommend turning on 2FA (two factor authentication or 2SA two step authentication as BT call it), to protect your account ASAP.

Instructions here: https://www.bt.com/help/security/two-step-authentication/ 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, I have done this.
Message 6 of 6

same happened to me this week.....
0 Ratings