cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT and Openreach cannot get brand new fibre install to work

Go to solution

The ONT Modem (assuming this is the white box in which the fibre optic connect directly into goes as follow)

POWER = Steady Green light

LOS = No Light on

PON = Steady Green light

LAN = No Light on

When they first installed the fibre the LAN light was on a steady green , since its turned off I tried multiple other Ethernet cables to connect the White modem to the BT Hub with no success minding you all cable used were new with the BT Hub and had never been used before and worked fine with other appliances for testing, I also tested each port on the BT Hub and all the Ethernet ports were working as intended too.

Inregards to the other people affected their are up to 8 properties which have had a new fibre install the FFTP and none of them can seem to provide internet and all have the exact same lighting configuration and is all new equipment provided by BT. And all the properties I know of are using BT.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

The ONT is authenticated on the OLT ( signified by the steady PON light ) , if the LAN light isn’t lit presumably you don’t have the ONT connected to the router with an Ethernet cable , so what light do you get on the BT SH2 ( router ) if you plug the router in and connect it to the ONT , remembering to use the correct port and set the appropriate software switch to full fibre mode in the router control panel .

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-...

You  do realise that’s it probable that this will be resolved without anyone needing to visit your property , so by unplugging / disconnecting the router from the ONT , if the issue is resolved you wouldn’t realise until either contacted by BT or OR , leaving it plugged in , should you see the router light turn ‘blue’ you could be online immediately you notice that change , unless of course the light is and always was blue on the router .

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

When I have connected the BT Hub with using the appropriate port the light remains purple and the router is set to the correct mode as well. I would accept this if not had there been 3 engineers and even 1 engineer using their own router(they have their own router for testing and swapped in place of my current router) set to fibre optic and being met with the exact seem conditions as the router currently installed. 

I appreciate the suggestions (which many of them  I have already done as lastly I do not wish to waste anyone time if its a simple resolution which I can do) but hopefully you can see now how frustrating it is when being met with check the router colours and is it plugged in correctly when I have been clearly told by multiple openreach engineer this to be a external fault in the area and that currently how the hub is connected and setup is correct for fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
I have no idea what you have been told , the fault is undoubtedly ‘external’ but that encompasses an awful lot , as stated the PON light steady means that there is no point any Openreach PON tech visiting your address , the PON is fine , ( OLT to ONT ) it’s ‘backhaul’ OLT towards the ISP that is the issue, because you have a ‘unbreakable’ mobile solution option explains the purple light on the router but by disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router , that backup service won’t ever release, should the FTTP come back on .
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

I completely agree , the problems I have is this.

1) When I call BT to complain and explain the issue and asking for a update , it goes as follow

- Whats the colour of your router ?

- Have you turned the router on or off ?

- Okay we will send a engineer out to you ?

Even explaining the issue and detailing the issue am always met with these 3 questions. As you can clearly see having a engineer come to our house makes no difference and in which we have asked NOT to send a engineer, a engineer appears up anyway. So we are stuck in a endless loop of these question with never receiving a update or proper support.

2) We would use the EE backup (Hybrid connect) but due to our geographical location we have very poor EE Signal varying from 2 bar 3G signal to having no service at all. So we would use the Hybrid connect if we got a decent signal which we unfortunately do not. So currently we do not have any internet as this fibre will be the only means and for our install the copper line had to be removed so we currently have no backup to use in the meantime.

I understand this issue your no responsible for or have no control over but if theirs anything you can do , to escalate this or again put more pressure on BT to help get this resolved quicker this would be really appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@ewanwr 

Did you reply to the private message from @RobbieMac , as he is part of a small BT team that usually sort out problems, as they have access to all of the notes.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

1. Have you responded to @RobbieMac  's offer?

2. Try calling the FTTP team 0800 587 4787. That number diverts to standard customer services when it is busy, so just hang up and try again if it does.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi keith 

I have done that just awaiting a reply been told it can take up to 48 hours which is unfortunate

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @ewanwr 

Thanks for taking my calls regarding this issue, really glad your service is now up and running and I've been able to intervene to resolve the issues.

Should you need my help again with this just drop me a message and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings