cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT broadband activation delay

Hi, I’m hoping someone might be able to help or shed some light on my problem.

I ordered BT fibre broadband to my new address on 5/7/23. My engineer visit and activation date was scheduled for 26/7/23. The engineer came and there was no issues raised however the activation did not occur. Since then, I have spoken to BT on several occasions regarding the delay.

Initially I was told the order had not been closed in the system and this would take 48 hours (excluding weekends). After that time passed, BT spoke to openreach who apparently were having issues closing our order and so they had to do it manually, and to give them a further 72 hours. This pattern continued until this week (10/8/23), when I was told BT had reached out to their wholesaler who also advised our order was stuck and this would take 5 business days to resolve. I now have a review date of 17/8/23.

I am struggling to understand what exactly the issue is and the answer I am being given is all regarding the order becoming stuck in various IT systems. We are nearly 6 weeks since my original order date and still without broadband. I was sent a 4G hub however due to limited cell service at the property this hasn’t been overly helpful as an interim solution.

Does anyone have any advice as to anything further I can do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT broadband activation delay

@Annabeladcock 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I have asked one of them to respond here, to see if they can help with your activation issue.

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT broadband activation delay

Hi @Annabeladcock,

I am so sorry for the delay in getting your services activated.

I can't guarantee that we can get this moved quicker but we can take a look into this for you and see what's happening.

If a complaint hasn't already been raised, we will raise one and chase our suppliers for updates and keep you up to date too.

I'll send you a private message now. Your reply will then go to one of my team (BT Moderators) within the next few working days.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings