cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT essentials

I have been trying to set up essentials for my partner however when I input her address on both open reach and BT checker it states they are unable to find address at the moment. On a call to BT they confirmed the same but advised contact open reach as they could not help as it wasn't a new build but all I could do was submit a form and have had no response. It is not a new build and a search for  the flats below,above and next door all come back saying fibre available. She does not have a live phone line but cabling is there.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT essentials

this gives more information

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

is your partners address correct on royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

yes, the system see's the address inc post code but it either says as above "not available" or "oops something went wrong"

I ve already been through essentials page you linked to thats where I initially started.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

try entering the address here and see if you get a result and if so post it here

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

ok couldnt do it as she does'nt currently have a live phone line however via the linked address finder it says it coulnt find an exact match but gave numerous options to select from. I selected the same address and this was the response

"Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker.

For the checker responses to be valid you must enter an accurate address. If you enter just a postcode we will return a list of premises for you to choose from"

If I insert her upstairs neighbour there is a page with multiple information.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Ive now suddenly got the attached info below from that site, I had put in a open reach other query a few days ago so maybe thats done it.

I have fibre in slightly newer build about 300m away so why ?Capture.PNG

Either way I now only get as far as BT essential checking address again then I get this message

We're sorry...

The details you've entered show that your local exchange is either not able to offer BT Total Broadband or is currently being upgraded. Please call us on 0800 672 476 for further information. Our advisors are available from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8pm Saturday and from 9am to 6pm on Sundays.

Ref# CON-0001

0 Ratings