cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT failing to follow through on promised offer

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have recently attempted to renew my BT Sport package through BT. 

I have discussed my BT Package on three occasions with no success. I was initially looking to renew my BT Sport contract or cancel my BT Sport package which had been agreed on a chat on the 24th September (discount expired on October 1st). I had also request that my broadband and phone package NOT be renewed, however, this instruction has been ignored and my BT Sport package has not been renewed on the agreed terms (for the next 24 months as of October 1st).

I have had my quarterly bill come through showing no discount is being applied and the price has been increased. The Broadband package has also been renewed against my wishes and request. I am looking to get this rectified i.e. the price for BT sport put back to the agreed price and the BT Broadband contract back to the original end date.

I have had nothing but problems with BT over the past few years and once my next term ends, I will be looking to leave. (Context, I had previously had to contact 14 people to get my internet connected and fixed at my new property and it was connected 29 days LATE).  I will also be seeking compensation for the time I have wasted in not having my problem resolved despite being promised it has been.

Any help with who to contact to get this resolved would be useful, so far I have spent over 2 hours on chat and 45 minutes on hold with no answer. I realise BT are currently experiencing strikes but as the consumer, that is not my problem. BT are failing to uphold promises and contractual agreements which in my mind gives me all I need to cancel without a cancellation fee.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT failing to follow through on promised offer

Go to solution

I know it's probably the least of your worries but you cannot renew bt sport without renewing bb too as you get the sport discounted for having the bb

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Gary,

Thank you, that is useful context. I thought that might be the case but it feels flawed that a) this wasn't communicated and b) the broadband was renewed but the Sport wasn't (especially since the person I spoke to implied the Broadband renewal was optional).

I look forward to finding a resolution to this having spent another 2 hr 47 minutes on this so far over the past 2 days

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MrH20   My apologies if I am not reading your post correctly. There is no compulsion to request that BT renew any of your products. The same goes for requesting that they not renew them. Once your minimum term contract ends it converts to a rolling contract that requires 31 days notice of cancellation. You have to specifically request BT to cancel your contract. Asking them not to renew it is the same as asking for it to continue on a 31 day rolling contract. This happens automatically in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I completely understand that premise and I am becoming increasingly frustrated.

My point is; I was still under contract with BT for Broadband and Phone for another 6 months, my BT sport deal however expired as of October 1st. I contacted BT with one of two options EITHER a) maintain the current price (without the increase for being out of contract) or b) cancel the BT Sport package and let the broadband run for the remaining 6 months.

BT have then renewed the broadband and extended that by 6 months and NOT renewed the BT Sport at the price as agreed with a written record for 12 months. I have absolutely no objection to staying with BT for 12 months subject to the renewal of sport but otherwise, I will leave after 6 months.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MrH20, sorry that your broadband was re-contracted when you were told it wouldn't happen.

You can't recontract just the Sport as @garybs29 advises. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @MrH20 Many thanks for sending over your details and speaking with me. I'm glad I was able to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings