cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BT keep cancelling order

Hello - I’ve recently moved into a property and trying to sort internet, but having no joy. The previous owners had BT broadband at this address, I had BT broadband at another address and the original plan was to transfer the service here, but after it transpired we wouldn’t be able to live here for around 6 months due to renovations, I called BT to cancel the service. The rep I spoke to back in Aug 2023 placed a stop on the phoneline. I’ve been round the houses trying to get the service established, placed 3 broadband orders with BT that keep getting cancelled days before we’re due to start our contract. Tried other providers who say they can’t provide us with a service, however our neighbours (immediately either side of us) both have broadband, albeit on a copper wire (one is Sky, one EE). At a loss as to why this is happening - I work remotely and am unable to do my job at present. Has anyone experienced similar/can shed any light? Thank you

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT keep cancelling order

If you have applied for FTTC  it is possible that your orders are cancelled as your cabinet is full and their are no connections available. Enter your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thank you for the response. I applied for fibre but openreach came back and said no. They were going to proceed with the copper order but this one has also been cancelled. I get a big list of data filling in the form on your link, but not sure what any of it means? Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

there should be a table showing types of broadband available to your address and whether there is a waiting list as no connection available on your cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Hi, thanks again for coming back. Everything in the availability column says available, but then under it says FTTP not available. Any ideas what my options could be now? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@Es123wrote:
Thank you for the response. I applied for fibre but openreach came back and said no. They were going to proceed with the copper order but this one has also been cancelled. I get a big list of data filling in the form on your link, but not sure what any of it means? Thanks

Openreach don't generally have any contact with customers, so how & when did they contact you in this instance?

The reason you were asked to post the results from the availability checker (screen shot is best) is so that those that do understand it can assist. It's going to be extremely difficult if you decline to provide requested information.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

IMG_1354.png

sorry  I missed the bit where you asked for the screenshot. Openreach saying no was relayed to me via BT (they called me to say why my initial

order was cancelled)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@Es123 

What about the top part which shows the name of the exchange and the cabinet number. Just edit out any phone or address details?

If there is nothing above the line "FTTP on Demand", then only ADSL is available up to 19.5Mbs, so you must be very close to the exchange, which is also why FTTC is probably unavailable, as they cannot supply FTTC from an exchange building.

You should be able to order ADSL. (Standard Broadband)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

@Es123 

Also, if there is just an exchange name, and no cabinet number, then you are connected to an EO (Exchange Only) cable, so there is no possibility of a faster connection, unless Openreach decide to install FTTP, sometime in the future.

EO cable records can be a bit poor, so its possible that Openreach have no record of working spares, or the cable is full.

If all else fails, a moderator may be able to look into it, in more detail.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

IMG_1357.jpeg

Thanks, this is what I see at the top of the page. Are there any moderators that help with isolated cases do you know? I saw that ofcom don’t  

0 Ratings