cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT moving home debacle

Hello

I have moved home in Feb. Due to the house sale falling through, BT said they had to open a new account. I got locked into another 18 month contract that I didn't want or need.  Then I had it setup in my temporary accommodation which I explained I would only be there for a short time. I moved from there in May. I have been unable to get a move request from this address done from their website, from their order team and u have been paying for a service I can't use. I keep getting kicked off their order waiting queue when I phone. Now I received emails and texts to say I am going to get billed for 386 for early termination. I just want to move my service to my new address. BT won't let me do this. How do I get my complaint understood and heard. I am getting nowhere. It's impossible to get through. Impossible to get updates to my complaint. I still don't have Internet at my address. This isn't right on many fronts. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT moving home debacle

is your new home on the Openreach network? Some estates built in the last few years are locked to a different network supplier so BT, Sky, TT ect are not available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT moving home debacle

Hi @Rhodienat and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your home move, I'm sorry to hear you've had a few problems. The best way to get this sorted would be to contact our guides online at Contact BT | Call us or chat online | BT Help. Can you give that a go and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings