cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT renewal & Packages avilable

Go to solution

Hi,

My BT package is up for renewal in a few days and was looking to see what packages are available to me.

I'm currently on a Halo 1 package and was looking to perhaps upgrade this to Halo/Fibre 2 for a few extra Mb in speed as that's the fastest package I can currently get in my area.

When I look on the BT site for my options... Halo/Fibre 2 isn't available to me.

I live in a small cul-de-sac with only 8 houses... If I enter other house numbers in my area, some can get Halo/Fibre 2 whilst some including myself can't. The estimated speeds seems to be quite different too between the houses with up to 20Mb difference.

Is anybody able to see if I can get Halo/fibre 2 and what the estimated speeds are ? ? ? ?

Many thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT renewal & Packages avilable

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.... Here's the screenshot as requested:-

BT-Capture.JPG

If it helps, currently getting 43.95Mb down and 9.99Mb up according to my BT Hub 5. Line is stable with hardly any outages.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

As you can see the estimated range is 63/46mb so moving to fibre 2 would be a waste of money if you currently only get 44mb. Interesting the checker shows an up speed of 11mb on 16 Jan which suggests you are currently on fibre 2 just line not good enough to give you better speed.

Were you one of the customers a couple years ago go a free upgrade in speed from fibre 1 to fibre 2?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Interesting......

So when you say 63Mb/46Mb range.... That's the estimated speed I could potentially get then ? ? ?

As far as I'm aware I'm on Fibre 1 and have never been upgraded. Not heard anything about a free upgrade and My BT details are showing Fibre 1 as well.

When I got the Fibre 1 a few years ago, 50Mb was the maximum of that package and I used to get almost that at the time but it has seemed to trickle down in speed over the years.

The confusing bit for me is why my neighbors in our cal-de-sac can potentially get faster connections than me and they are all within a 50m radius. All house built at the same time.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk.

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

The estimated speed range is just that an estimate

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem TV

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry.... Forgot the hub stats....

BTCapture2.JPG

Not tried that test.... Phones in use at the moment so will try that when I can.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Just tried the quiet line test and couldn't hear anything on the line. We have cordless BT phones but was still quiet.

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

You are currently on Fibre 2 as can be evidenced by your upload speed of 11Mbs, however your downstream speed has been banded at 44Mbs by DLM due to instability at some point although your line appears stable currently.

Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Licquorice....

Would it be possible to reset the line and see if it sync's up any quicker at all ? ? ?  Connection is stable and had no issues with the line at all.

Like I said earlier, we used to get a tad under the full 50Mb when we first upgraded to Fibre 1 but over the years it has seemed to drop bit by bit.

I just thought that a few extra Mb would be nice as now our family has more internet connected kit than ever before and starting to find the current speeds a bit restrictive a times, hence me inquiring about Fibre 2. I know it may only be a couple of Mb extra potentially but ever little helps ! ! !

Thanks for all your help guys.... it is much appreciated !

Cheers

Paul

0 Ratings