cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT won't close my account

Hello! 

I recently cancelled my BT services (broadband, TV and landline) and moved to Sky on the 18th March, and received an email saying my services would be cancelled by the 3rd of April.

I have called BT three times; once on the 5th, once on the 12th and once on the 14th. Each time I was promised that my account would definitely close within 24 hours. This has not happened. 

I paid a bill on the 23rd March which was £53.79 (which apparently I should not have paid), and my next bill (due to be issued on the 23rd April) is saying £61.86.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

Mary

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT won't close my account

Try phoning CS 03301234150 and they should be abl e to help you sort out your account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @maryanne45, did you get in touch with the customer services team and get the account closed?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hey @imjolly,

Thanks for your reply.

I've already phoned them three times to try and cancel my account, and each time they've said it would definitely be closed within 24 hours. Each time, that has not happened. Do I have to call them again?

Thank you,

Mary

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hey @JohnC2 ,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't since I posted this, no. I've already called CS three times and each time they've said they would close my account, and it still hasn't been closed.

Is there anything anyone on here can do to help?

Thank you,

Mary

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @maryanne45

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry that you're still receiving bills after moving your services away from us.  I am disappointed that you have had to chase this on a few occasions and it's still not resolved.  We will be able to pick up from here and get the account closed off completely.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 7 of 7

Hey @RobbieMac,

Thank you for your reply. I have replied to your private message.

Thank you,

Mary

0 Ratings