cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Thank you for a most informative message.

You are quite right - I contacted BT to add BT sports to my package. BT told me they would have contacted me to move to DV very shortly and I must now chaange to DV. I was told the Hub had to be changed  and I needed a new contract. I had thought Sports could be added for different length of time but presumeably it must be 24 months and this is what forced me to have a new two year contract and not the DV change.

Why rival companies know FTTP is available and can supply but BT have not been informed even though  Openreach is owned by BT perhaps needing a discussion by the Directors.

Unfortunately not having a good mobile connection (I use wi-fi assist) I have invested in battery back up and in some ways burnt my boats to remain with BT. 

THank you for the explanation 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

I still think you misunderstand, this statement is baffling,

Why rival companies know FTTP is available and can supply but BT have not been informed even though Openreach is owned by BT perhaps needing a discussion by the Directors.

BT only use Openreach , Jurassic Fibre are rivals to BT and Openreach , some ISP’s ( not BT , EE or  Plusnet ) may use Jurassic , so obviously if you contact one of those ISP , they can offer FTTP , obviously you contact BT , EE or Plusnet , they won’t know or care about Jurassic Fibre , what you seem to think should happen is that BT should ‘ encourage’ their customers to leave and join a competitors FTTP if BT can’t yet offer FTTP …..that’s nonsensical, 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Thank you now understand

0 Ratings