cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Berevement

I have just called up to register the death of my father with BT and provide you with a death certificate, and the operator has now transferred his account into my name without my permission, making me now responsible for the debt left over by my father

This happened after i explained many times that we had to go through the probate on his estate before we were able to pay the bill, although it would surely happen. When i explained i did not have the money they told me the court proceedings would go ahead unless i payed

How can you hold me liable for the debt of another person - all other businesses are aware that they have to wait for probate to pass before bills are payed

Can you rectify this as soon as possible and have my name removed from his account. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Berevement

You post does not go to BT as this is a community forum 

However that is terrible treatment from CS when you have just suffered the loss of your father 

I have asked a forum mod to help you and they will post here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @angryandfrustrated, I'm very sorry for your loss and that your call was not handled in the correct manner when you called us.

The account should not be transferred into your name without your consent and should've been closed to allow probate to deal with your father's final account. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you resolve this. FYI with the weekend and Bank Holiday it may be early next week before we get in touch but we will get in touch with you.

Thanks

John 

0 Ratings