Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Billing and Packages question

Go to solution

Greetings folks,

I hope this day finds everyone well.

I was wondering, is it possible to have the Full Fibre 100 package without Halo 3+?  We're paying £53.99 a month at the moment and I'm trying to see if we can save a little bit of money on our bills.  

We had Full Fibre installed last week.  The engineer who came around the other day explained that the Hybrid Hub is used to keep connected if there is an outage in power, but in our history of using BT Broadband we've hardly ever lost it, so I'm wondering if it's really needed, that and the fact that the engineer then considerately informed us that the Hybrid Hub we've had connected wasn't actually functioning at all, has only served to add to this. 

Any input appreciated, chaps!  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Billing and Packages question

Go to solution

@templar 

Yes Halo is just an add on which provides extra benefits see https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you can live without these extras then you would just order full fibre 100 without halo

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@jac_95wrote:

@templar 

Yes Halo is just an add on which provides extra benefits see https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you can live without these extras then you would just order full fibre 100 without halo

@jac_95   Thank you for your prompt reply, I'll contact BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Okay, I've contacted BT and have been told I cannot downgrade and have Halo+3 removed until my contract ends on 24th December 2024.  We've literally only had it installed for two weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Correct. When you asked if you could have full fibre 100 without Halo3+, you didn't mention that you had already signed up for it. It was assumed you were asking regarding an impending contract renewal.

If you are still within the 14 day cooling off period, you could cancel the contract and start again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Correct. When you asked if you could have full fibre 100 without Halo3+, you didn't mention that you had already signed up for it. It was assumed you were asking regarding an impending contract renewal.

@licquorice  It's unfortunate, as when BT proposed this deal the person they were talking too was my 75 year old stepfather, who is suffering the onset of dementia, and isn't fully cognisant of what he is signing up for.  The account is in my mother's name, and I have just learnt she gave the go ahead when my stepfather mentioned this new package.  My mother is 73 and isn't really clued in on what these packages entail either.  I live at home with them as I've been housebound for 33 years due to agoraphobia, so the internet is absolutely essential for myself.

I think what I am going to have to do is have the account transferred to my name, so I know exactly what the hell is going on, and what payments are being made.  I'll guess I will have to honour the contract, but I will definitely get them out to fix the damned Hybrid hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

First of all, sorry to hear of your stepfather's dementia but please don't blame your mother's age as relevant, I am also in my seventies.

Unfortunately it is not possible to simply transfer the account, it would need to be closed and a new account taken out.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@licquorice I'm not blaming either of them, but my stepfather told her we'd save £60 on this deal, and she naturally thought that would be great.  Then when we showed him the charges he said "I never said we'd save £60".

I guess we will have to see it through and then close the account and create a new one as you say.

0 Ratings