cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bills

Spoiler

I am being charged 59 a month, i am a disabled and retired lady.

Bt forced me onto digital voice and are now also chsrging me £12 a month extra, i never asked for this. It keeps making the phone not work and i want to cancel it. How canni do this?

Also why is it that my household has been with bt about 90 years but i am paying huge monthly prices on bills but new customers can get everything for under £35 a month?! Bt is a joke. My ”deal” if you can even call it that is for a phone line rarely used, broadband which always breaks and tv which only works in one room. Any help appreciated 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bills

do you qualify here

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

do you have unlimited calls with your house phone - check bill.  if so and you don't use your home phone then you can change to a cheaper call package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

@NotAnonymous1wrote:

I am being charged 59 a month, i am a disabled and retired lady.

If you're in receipt of qualifying benefits, then you might be able to switch to BT Home Essentials which includes broadband, line rental and calls.

@NotAnonymous1wrote:

Bt forced me onto digital voice and are now also chsrging me £12 a month extra, i never asked for this. It keeps making the phone not work and i want to cancel it. How canni do this?

BT had no option, the old PSTN network that was previously used for phone services is being closed down, the options were Digital Voice or nothing.
It also doesn't cost any extra, the charges for a voice service and call charges are identical, is the £12 per month not the cost of an unlimited minutes calling plan?

You mention the phone not working, is this always? you may have a fault or sometimes which is most likely a home environment setup, you've not given enough info to determine that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @NotAnonymous1 and welcome back.

It's been a while but great to see you again. Please check the link posted by @imjolly . If you qualify for the home essentials get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Would this keep my tv or would it cancel it? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

So the new digital phone will rings, i go to answer it, no one there. Silence or it doesnt pick up. Then i can be on the old 3 connected phones i have that were on copper telephone wire and then the dv phone will ring WHILE im on the phone, my son will try to answer it and again they hang up or theres no one there. The dv phone has cause nothing but problems and i prefer the old one. Also that is not true, the old system will still-be up until 2025 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@NotAnonymous1 wrote:

. Also that is not true, the old system will still-be up until 2025 

what is not true?

you can change the call settings so that when on a call your other phones don't ring

page 24 'call mode'   https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/digital-voice/advanced-phone/BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-U...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings