cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Breach of contract

How long does a service have to be down before BT are in breach of contract and you can leave without having to pay the remainder of your term?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Breach of contract

How long is a piece of string?

It depends on many factors such as what the fault is, who is responsible for the fault but generally if the fault can not be resolved within 30 days you may be able to leave without penalty.

However keep in mind that if you do leave and move to another provider, depending on what and where the fault is you may be moving to the new provider and the fault will still be there. 

EDIT: In case you are not aware you may be paid compensation.

• If your landline or broadband stops working and is not repaired within two working days of reporting it, you'll receive £9.33, and then £9.33 for each day it remains unfixed.

• If your new landline or broadband service is not up and running on the day promised, you'll receive £5.83 for each calendar day it's delayed, including the missed start date. There's no limit on this, so you'll keep accruing the compensation until it's sorted.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Is the connection problem just you or does it affect others in your area?

Have you reported the loss of connection? When?

Have you had openreach visit?

What package for you have ADSL/FTTC/FTTP?

More information about problem will help get a better reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

The loss is reported, I have had numerous promises of a fix (most recently at 6:45 today). It has not worked since November 1st and I am not privy to why it doesn't work - I haven't been told. I have Full Fibre 100 with BT Halo 3.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

What lights are lit and colour on ONT. ont-pon.jpg

What colour is hub light?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

The hub light is orange, and the open reach is lights are all green.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

The LOS light is not lit not red?

Have you tried new ethernet cable from the ONT to the WAN port 4 on BT HUB

Have you checked in hub manager/advanced settings/technical log information that the FTTP switch is set to on

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I've had home visits from engineers who have checked everything inside and stated that the problem is outside and nothing to do with my setup.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Without more information the forum  cant help.  I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if they can help

They will post here 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @paulkendrick1964,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been left without a connection. I would say it's likely a network fault with the details you've posted and the engineer having checked your setup.

If you send me your details, I'll be able to run a few checks on your line and take a look at what is happening with the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings