cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt Home Essentials sign up issue

Go to solution

Im having an issue signing up for this plan, it says dwp im not on UC, but i am just been accepted. 

I am in a unique position where i currently still live at my ex partners address but will be moving out on the 3rd May, i work from home and wish to get broadband installed to work asap.

is it failing as dwp have my current address and im applying at the new one, or because ive not long been accepted foe UC ahead of the change in address?

Is my best option to install BB and then switch? is this going to be a problem as i dont want to incure any unnecessary charges but do need to work from home asap.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt Home Essentials sign up issue

Go to solution

@hbecooper 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @hbecooper, thanks for your post about signing up to Home Essentials. 

The information with the DWP is checked and must be matched to your address and eligible benefit to place the order.
As you're not moving in until the 3rd May, and you need it straight away, it would be best to sign up to a standard fibre broadband package to be connected then. 

Once you've got activated and the DWP records updated you can then change over to the Essentials package. There would be no contract cancellation charges as you're moving over to the Essentials package.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you, i thought that might be the case and was concerned of starting a new contract and then moving over and hoped it would not incur any charges etc

thank you for confirming

0 Ratings