cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Bt Trying to charge £50 for equipment I never requested for Digital Voice

BT should have asked there customers did they want to apply for digital voice i never got an email nor notification but yet a new router shows up at my house.

I binned it as didn't no to keep hold of it or return it now bt charging me £50 for the privilege of getting something I never wanted in first place I don't use bt equipment as its rubbish.

Anyone else manage to dispute the £50 charge !!! disgrace and underhanded tactics..

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bt Trying to charge £50 for equipment I never requested for Digital Voice

What a ridiculous attitude. You throw something away that doesn't belong to you rather than return it and then complain when you are charged for it. Presumably you are no longer a BT customer.

Message 3 of 11

@licquorice The same poster is asking why they got a refund on their latest bill too & it shows a contract until 2024 so I'm actually confused by the mega rant too

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Yeah, missed it was the same guy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Repeat after me
I did not request a new router
I did not request a new router
Last Time
I did not request a new router.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Even if you didn't request it there'll been clear literature about it being on loan so why not just put it down to experience & move on

Message 7 of 11

Repeat after me

I must not throw away things that don't belong to me.

Message 8 of 11

Hi @david39ni and thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting about your equipemt returns issue. Please take a look at Moving to Digital Voice | BT Help. All copper lines are being removed and the service replaced with Digital Voice. To use that service you need the smart hub 2. Take a look at How to return and recycle your BT equipment for free | BT Help which clearly states 'We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us. You’ll have 60 days to return it from the date you stopped using it before we charge you.'

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 11

I understand the moving to digital voice but I never requested a digital voice line nore for them to send the equipment am out an extra £50 this month as the deadline was due to pay the equipment charge.

No notice was given that we had to keep it to return it.

Exactly my point you found that on online terms and conditions they should have included a flyer in the box to say if not used please return which they didnt.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Was there a flyer in the box saying if you don't want or need this just throw it away?