cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cahsback rejected - TopCashBack

Hi

I have had cashback incorrectly rejected by BT for my new broadband package.

A call to the BT customer service has not resolved.

Does anyone have any advice on how to take this forward? I would prefer not to go down the complaint route if it can be avoided.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cahsback rejected - TopCashBack

You'll need to raise a Missing Cashback Claim with TCB under their Customer Services tab.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, did that a month ago and nil response yet.

So just wait it out?

And if it is rejected by this route, is there any other pathway to have it reviewed?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It can take months to pursue a claim that hasn't tracked at all but you should be able to ask for an update quicker if the cashback has been rejected by BT. But at the end of the day cashback is never guaranteed & sometimes valid claims are rejected because "Computer says no". TCB also have a discretionary fund where they can make you an offer of some of the cashback that was due if you make enough of a fuss.

I find that over the long term, sometimes valid claims are rejected but also some that should be rejected are paid. Cancelled/returned orders for example. So it broadly evens itself out over time.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks that's helpful to know.
It was about three months between the order being placed and the broadband going live as had to wait on an Openreach FTTP install. So I suspect this delay has prompted a computer algorithm somewhere to say no.
Shall see how this plays out!
0 Ratings