cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelled My BT Broadband Package But Still Being Billed

Hi All,

I cancelled my BT Broadband package at the end of last year and sent back my kit. I even had a debate over the fact they thought I had two routers. Hoever I've just noticed that they never stopped billing me and I never stopped the direct debit.

How do I go about getting a refund please?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelled My BT Broadband Package But Still Being Billed

@ibeamish 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

You would have needed to ring BT to cancel and would have received confirmation which you should have checked. That would be the only way to cancel your service.

If you had reached the end of your contract you would still be billed on a rolling month by month basis.

Unless you had rung up and received confirmation, then the onus would be on you to check your bank statements, so you are unlikely to get a refund.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @ibeamish and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the over charge. I'm sorry there's been problems. @Keith_Beddoe advice is sound. The customer service team should be able to help on the number he has provided but if you have any problems please post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your advice both. Will try calling and see. 

Best,

Ian

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

We're here if you need us @ibeamish 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings