cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Cancelling BT

Go to solution

I have paid too much to this company and the customer service is well below any other I have come across. I have been trying to resolve my problem with the team of digital....something, and completely useless. After several years of being a BT client I can assure this is the worst company with no understanding of accessibility (I am deaf) and efficiency to deal with vulnerable clients.

I am still paying even more than I have been paying and after I inform the company that I am cancelling my subscription (I have signed with another company and I am not longer using BT) they are still charging me for June!  Can anybody help finishing this awful experience, please?

Many thanks,

Khaled

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Cancelling BT

Go to solution

are you still in a fixed term contract with BT?  if so you will have termination charges based on length of remaining contract and monthly payment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @hijuandelgado,

I am sorry for any problems that you've had.

I was going over your post when I noticed that you said you told us that you were leaving. Usually, the company that you moved to will send us a message stating that they are taking over the line which also prompts us to close off your account from a certain date.

If you are still with us now you will continue to get bills as normal until after your account has closed. Once your account has closed, you would then receive a Final Bill up to 8 working days later. This Final Bill would amend the billing history so that you weren't charged for longer than you should have been.

I am sorry for any difficulty you had when you contacted us. This may be a bit late but check out Here for You. It will show you different ways of contacting us.

If you need help, after receiving your Final Bill, please come through to us here and I'll send you a private message where you can type to us instead of having someone try and call you.

Thank you
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The only other company I can think of thats worse than BT for their customer service is TalkTalk.

As said dont just cancel your BT until you find out how long you have of your contact left if you are still in contract before you think about canceling.

I canceled BT TV 14 months ago and went with Now direct with discounts and finally cancelled my BT FTTC over 6 weeks ago and moved to a similar package with another company but my BT contract was at an end.

I had been with BT for a good number of year but just decided it was time for a change.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Dear @imjolly 

My contract finished well ago and nobody from the company informed me. Also as deaf person I only use the broad band service which would have safe a huge chunk of money as I have been paying over £44 (the last bill is £50!). I wrote to the department which I guess is the relevant one asking for help, as I don't know how to terminate this. But not response.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

The company is Community Fibre and they has installed a different line. The line from BT is not longer used and we want the devices to be returned. We don't want to be overcharged as we have been.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Dear @ney I don't have any contract anymore for months. I was also a customer with Talk Talk and their customer service was more accessible that BT, I am sorry to say. I am lost in a ocean of departments, and different officers writing saying my case is closed, when the case has not been resolved. Even after a long email explain that I am deaf, they advice me to CALL the relevant department. How accessible and trustful this service is when the person I spoke to, suggests to call the department of ....?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi again @hijuandelgado,

If Community Fibre set up a new line they may not have requested to take over your existing line with BT which would mean that the service is still live with us.

I work for BT on the Community and would like my team to pick this up for you. I'm sending you a Private Message that will allow you to reply back to my team.

We will need certain questions answered but we will confirm all with you through text only.

Thanks

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Dear @DanielS 

You are right, the service is still live with you. I asked to stop this service in April, as we started using Community Fibre service. As I said I am deaf and don't use the landline (only my support worker or my partner have used it very rarely) and only use internet. I will be grateful if you team take on my case and close it before I am charged £50.

Best regards,

Khaled Alesmael

(Juan delGado)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Have to totally disagree. The Support are usually very friendly and some will go the extra mile. Main problem is you can't keep one person on a case you bring up and the way BT is structured there are so many ambiguities it's unbelievable.

0 Ratings