cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Cancelling the phone service

Go to solution

Hi @dcdick

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the confusion about the £2 charge you have been quoted.  Please get in touch and we'll double check this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
PM sent

Thank you

D*ck
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks again to mod NeilO 

All confusion sorted out (at last)  🙂

This £2 charge is for provision of an active phone line

If you choose not to use a calling plan you are still liable to the £2 per month charge for the ability to make P.A.Y.G. phone calls. That is you have a working phone line

I was able to cancel the phone line connection (naked broadband I've heard it described as) and now I do not pay the £2 per month charge & have no access to a working BT phone line.

There is still an obvious need for better info about this to be passed onto call service staff about this but I would expect this will be addressed in time

I'm closing this now as "accepted solution"

Thank you again NeilO & the mods

D*ck

Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Glad you finally got the right info, I'm sure the mods will pass along feedback regarding the previous advisors.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

👍

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Im on BT Pay As You Go for calls and have been for over the last 18 months and I dont have an extra charge for being in Pay As You Go for landline. As have not noticed it on the BT bill So dont know where this £2 or £5 that some keep posting about5 for being on Pay As You Go with the landline comes from.

I also have FTTC 2 but have a discount with that and still got about 9 months to go on that.

We very rarely use our landline now to make calls and dads almost in his late 80s and in the last few years he now dont always keep to well.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
Ney

That's the problem for BT as there is that many different , "retention" deals with people paying differing amounts for the same service & also some people having those amounts as part of the contracted price.
I too have FTTC.2 and benefit from a "good deal" as a long term customer
Modern life does tend to get unnecessarily complex at times these days 🙂

D*ck
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@dcdickwrote:
Ney

That's the problem for BT as there is that many different , "retention" deals with people paying differing amounts for the same service & also some people having those amounts as part of the contracted price.
I too have FTTC.2 and benefit from a "good deal" as a long term customer
Modern life does tend to get unnecessarily complex at times these days 🙂

Complex? You can say that again. If you're deaf, you are unable to discuss whether there exists any possible "retention" deals. Fortunately, I am able to afford the costs until my next expiration date.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@Carlushawrote:
If you're deaf, you are unable to discuss whether there exists any possible "retention" deals.

https://www.relayuk.bt.com/

0 Ratings