cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Cannot contact customer service via phone or live chat

Hi,

I’ve held on the customer service line for 38 minutes today, and 27 minutes yesterday.

The estimated waiting time was 10-20 minutes.

I am trying to change an engineer appointment for a moving home installation due to take place on Tuesday 11th January 8-1pm. My flight has been delayed to Tuesday 11th as I am abroad at the moment , but I need broadband installed at my new home ASAP as I work from home.

On your online appointment calendar, the next date I can get is 28th January 2022, over 2 weeks away, which is completely unacceptable.

I have been with BT for a while now and I’m happy with the service, however if you cannot give me a renewed appointment date for Tuesday afternoon11th or at some stage next week , I will have to go elsewhere and take my custom to another broadband provider - my job cannot wait as I start back to work next week.

I anticipate a swift response from BT as this is an urgent matter, if I don’t hear anything from you by Monday 10th January I will be moving to another competitor.

Your customer service wait times are ridiculous at present and I am not prepared to wait for 30+ mins again on the phone today or tomorrow.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Cannot contact customer service via phone or live chat

Hi,

I’ve held on the customer service line for 38 minutes today, and 27 minutes yesterday.

The estimated waiting time was 10-20 minutes.

I am trying to change an engineer appointment for a moving home installation due to take place on Tuesday 11th January 8-1pm. My flight has been delayed to Tuesday 11th as I am abroad at the moment , but I need broadband installed at my new home ASAP as I work from home.

On your online appointment calendar, the next date I can get is 28th January 2022, over 2 weeks away, which is completely unacceptable.

I have been with BT for a while now and I’m happy with the service, however if you cannot give me a renewed appointment date for Tuesday afternoon11th or at some stage next week , I will have to go elsewhere and take my custom to another broadband provider - my job cannot wait as I start back to work next week.

I anticipate a swift response from BT as this is an urgent matter, if I don’t hear anything from you by Monday 10th January I will be moving to another competitor.

Your customer service wait times are ridiculous at present and I am not prepared to wait for 30+ mins again on the phone today or tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Cannot contact customer service via phone or live chat

This is a customer to customer self help forum

You need to be patient when calling customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Don't believe that bit about 10 -20 minutes, the real time is more like 40 -45 minutes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

A lot of businesses are suffering at the moment as well due to staff isolating due to covid so it may take longer than usual to get through.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Yes I understand that, but from banks, to service providers, to whatever else, services we are PAYING for might I remind you- it is not acceptable that you can be on the phone for almost 1 hour and still no answer. That’s a full lunchtime for someone or time before or after work morning and evening. 

it’s ok if it’s a one off, but when it goes on for days and months, no customer should be made call day after day and sit there like a turkey waiting for nothing on the other end. 

I came on for a solution from a BT representative , obviously this is the wrong community, I’ll delete the post. 

it wasn’t an echo chamber to hear things I already know from average joes like myself. 

Message 7 of 8

@r14lgn 

As its Openreach that do the provision, you would have been given the next date that Openreach can attend. A two week delay would be about right for a new provision.

Most providers use Openreach, so the delay is going to be the same, there will be other customers ahead of you, and they could be from any provider, not just BT Retail. Moving to another provider will delay things even more, as you would lose your new Openreach appointment slot.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@r14lgnwrote:

Yes I understand that, but from banks, to service providers, to whatever else, services we are PAYING for might I remind you- it is not acceptable that you can be on the phone for almost 1 hour and still no answer. That’s a full lunchtime for someone or time before or after work morning and evening. 

it’s ok if it’s a one off, but when it goes on for days and months, no customer should be made call day after day and sit there like a turkey waiting for nothing on the other end. 

I came on for a solution from a BT representative , obviously this is the wrong community, I’ll delete the post. 

it wasn’t an echo chamber to hear things I already know from average joes like myself. 

And a good evening to you as well