cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Cannot relink my account to my bt ID

After a major service outage to my broadband( which is still offline for whole village) I went on to the online chat to enquire about a back up mobile router.

After a 2 hour online chat the assistant advised me to let him update my BT ID in order to log into EE and search for a community hotspot. In the process he managed to delete my existing BT ID and was unable to reconnect it to my BT account number/ record after recreating it. Subsequent calls to BT have resulted in very different lines of advice (included - a) you have to create a new email address and BT ID, b) wait five days and try again and c) they can/ can’t find my account so have escalated the issue. There’s been no outcome or progress and I’m now more concerned about not being able to log in and access my account/ bills more than not have home broadband.

Has anyone experienced this or can offer assistance?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cannot relink my account to my bt ID

If your BT ID has been de linked from your account (ID still exists to log into but can't see anything) then you may need to wait up to 24 hours  to update it but nothing more than that then you should be able to link an account (make sure you say you are the account holder)

If they have deleted your ID so you cannot log in then after 24 hours you will need to make a new one (may work before this)

Before you go through that it would be worth seeing if you can see any WIFI that comes up as EE WIFI if not there are no community hotspots in range and it won't matter much anyway either than being able to manage your account online

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for taking the time reply, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I have tried and ruled out all of these suggestions very early on with no results. 

Problem ongoing with no end in sight 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

That's got to be a tough situation to be in.  I'm sure BT have ways to have it escalated to someone (probs the 5 days the mentioned)

I'm sure they will sort it out if you are desperate then you may need to make a new one with a new email address and it can be changed later on once all sorted

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

You have been given bad advice from the outset. There is no need to change your BTID in order to log onto any EE Wifi hotspots. You log on with your BTID and password but given your whole village is off line there would have been none to find!

Your BTID should not have been detached from your BT Broadband account and there should be no need to set up a new one or a new email address.

In view of this shambles being caused by and exacerbated by the poor advice given I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @maliboz52

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry that your services have developed a fault and for the misinformation around your BTID and accessing public hotspots.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 7 of 11

Further to my post on 25th august. A moderator asked for details and hasn’t come back. After literally hours on the phone to bt( me and my daughters) bt have escaped this to level 2. They realise that the online chat has half deleted my bt id and it is in limbo!It has to be hard deleted by bt. Hopefully I will then be able to set up a new id and get going again. I will keep you all posted. I’m just glad bt realise there is nothing I can do my end to rectify this, it has to be them.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @RobbieMac  I am posting on my Mum's behalf @maliboz52 who now cannot access her community account either. This problem is still unresolved. I have a complaint number, but didn't want to post on here, we chased on live chat Friday and after 3 hours of being told it's fixed and she could create a new BT ID with old email address and then attach it to her BT account number the guide realised they couldn't, its still broken. They keep getting a message saying technical error when they try and create a new account using her email address at the verification stage.

I can only assume that the BT account number and BT ID are still somehow linked and her ID hasn't been properly deleted and so its in limbo as such. They have referred it to the "back end" team but she has had no update since. Her BT ID was deleted in error by a BT guide on the 18th August. She has now been nearly 1 month with no access to her online account. She is being charged £3 for paper bills now, even though this is BT's error. Please can you look into this and try and get it fixed or escalated. I am happy to provide account details, complaint number etc.... I am currently staying with my Mum for the week and am desperate to get this sorted for her. She is a 71 year old living alone and this is causing her a huge amount of stress and upset.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @fayzar83,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm so sorry to hear about what has happened with your mum's account, and we want to make sure this is back up and running as swiftly as possible.

We aren't able to access accounts here on the Community, so we would recommend what you have already done, and the team will work to get this resolved for you as soon as they are able to.

Rach

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I dont think is is good enough, I have no way of directly contacting your back end team to try and chase this, in his previous post @RobbieMac  suggested Mum could send details through and follow this up, she did and no reply. None of this is our error , it is BT's, you deleted the account. I find it really disappointing that no one is willing to take ownership of this. We have been trying to get this fixed the way you'd advised for 3 weeks and nothing has happened. Can you chase this up with the back end team for me. That doesn't involve my Mums account being accessed or can you give me some contact details of a relevant department - Not customer services are any of the other generic teams.