cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Change to EE

Go to solution

Hi all

Hope this is the right forum. It concerns all our BT products. Looking for some guidance if possible.

I've been a BT customer for 50yrs. Currently have Fibre 900, 2 x SIM only mobile plans, and a BT TV box with NF/Now package. If the retail side is to come under EE, so be it. Our TV box has already rebranded.

Looking at the EE offering, I can get their Fibre 1.6Gb product for more or less what I pay for BT Fibre 900 now. I can do slightly better data cap and price wise on the 2 mobile SIMs, and doubtless can port the numbers over. Haven't looked at TV, but as I say the box has already re-branded anyway.

Does anyone know if EE Shops can access our BT account? If they can, is it feasible to call in and switch the fibre and SIMs over? If it could be done, would the existing BT contract lengths be relevant?

If it's going to happen, I'd rather push it along and take the opportunity to upgrade our products but do it face to face if possible.

Has anyone any knowledge of what EE Shops can do?

TIA.

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Change to EE

Go to solution

@Minkey1 

I would take a read of some of the posts on the EE forum, before making any decision.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

As for the EE shops, they will undoubtedly help to sell you everything, to get the commission. 

Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

if you read other forum posts they say that only new EE customers can currently get the 1.6gb package and also problems if you are currently BTTV customer  I don't think they have the systems in place for these type of switches but hopefully soon

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. Might need to develop some patience then.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Ah. Looks like I'll have to wait then.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Yep according to one customer, Openreach have informed him that the 1.6gbps package is still in a trial phase, which is due to end by 29th Feb but, who knows, may be extended yet again:

Openreach has informed us that the pilot is going to plan and they just need to finish testing the full range of order types across different geographies in the UK. “We hope to complete our testing soon and proceed to full launch thereafter,” added the operator. Via ispreview.co.uk

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps - Page 14 - The EE Community

NGA2024/23 (openreach.co.uk)

So unless you want to be part of a trial, I'd advise to wait a good few months too, maybe give it until summer early autumn. By then they should be bringing out a wifi 7 router too!

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

...and I believe another spanner in the works is you can't yet move with TV services.

Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@rbz5416wrote:

...and I believe another spanner in the works is you can't yet move with TV services.

You can now move with EETV as an existing service.

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
As I said, ours has automatically rebranded as "EE TV" 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Yeah but for now it's still provided by BT until you are actually switched over to EE.

They have brought out new boxes, an Apple+ TV box, EE TV Mini Box, and the EE TV Pro box. I'm not sure if the EE TV Pro box is the same as the BT one or not though. I was told on the forum that it's a different box...

So even though the light changed to the EE green on our BT TV boxes and the BT TV app has changed to the EE TV app, it still seems to be a a different box to the EE TV Pro and we are still on the BT TV system? idk 🤷

It's confusing for sure, and a whole weird cluster of a mess, but that seems to be what they have done, or at least how I understand what they have done. I guess this type of change is always this confusing? I've never been through an ISP rebrand before lol 😛