cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Charge for non return of equipment - when i have returned

Go to solution

Moved house in January and decided to continue with BT as supplier- what a rubbish decision that was. Ongoing confusion setting me up with a new account at new address while not closing my old account. Through many complaints  was meant to be resolved however I was asked to send back equipment which i did, and it has been credited to my new account, not my old. I am now being charged £160 as BT claim not to have received this ( I have a Post Office tracking number) but as it is to my old account no one seems to know what to do. I cancelled my direct debit as raised a complaint and today BT have cut off my account today - Broadband, Mobile phone, TV. I am in utter despair as none is replying to my complaints  and this has been ongoing since 25th January and currently no phone to phone. tried web support which was not a great experience. Help 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charge for non return of equipment - when i have returned

Go to solution

It was a mistake to cancel your direct debit, you may wish to consider ringing in and making any missed payments by debit card before it affects your credit rating if it hasn't done so already.

Go to the Royal Mail tracking page and print off proof of delivery as a .PDF document then contact the mods on here and let them take it from there 

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If you call BT 0800.800.150 with your Proof of Postage they will update you account. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I have added my Proof of Postage tot he chats and discussions however this has been credited to my new account. It is still stating that I have failed to send it back charging me £160. If a moderator can support me this would be most welcome
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @scotlands,

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the confusion returning the equipment and that this has resulted in you being charged.  I appreciate the amount of time you have spent trying to sort this out.  My colleagues in the helpdesk should be able to help you resolve this today.  Follow the advice from the guys above and reach out to them on 0800 800 150.

Let me know how you get on.  If you're still having problems we can pick up from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings