cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Compensation for delayed install

Go to solution

Hi there,

according to BT I ordered broadband and landline in June 2022 although I personally thought it was Feb that year. There has been delays, missed apts and poor communication right the way through to when it was supposedly installed on 14th Dec but then we found box faulty and it was finally completed on 24/12/22.  It was not an easy install with a telegraph pole having to be erected, errors made by Openreach, engineers turning up unaware of what was required and a disconnect with customer service staff and telling me to trust the apt system  where the problem was much deeper than that.  There were a couple of customer service staff who went the extra mile and I was very grateful to them. 

I had to stay with my old provider who I was out of contract with who charged me a considerable amount for a very poor service. I was unable to work at home as my old service was so poor but did not want to commit to another contract as I thought I would get my service any day.   I am very happy with my service now it is installed and working. Am I entitled to compensation?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Compensation for delayed install

Go to solution

Hi @Galluscat, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

Sorry for the delay in getting you connected. Check out: Automatic Compensation | BT Help if you're eligible it should be applied within 30 days of your activation. If you do not receive compensation or want to query the amount we can look into it further for you after the 30 days has passed.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

New bill came through but asking full amount and no recognition of compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You need to wait 30 days after activation before it can be investigated.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

30 days now. Who is best person to contact?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Galluscat thanks for posting, I'm sorry that you're having to chase up the compensation for your delayed order. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to get that looked into.

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Galluscat, thanks for getting back to me and I can confirm that the compensation has now been applied.

Cheers

John