cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Connection to disconnected landline

Go to solution

Good Morning,

We are at the end of a barn conversion, there is an old BT cable in situ but no socket attached . We want to get this connected and have broadband only . 

Who do I contact to arrange this,

We are currently on EE mobile which is pretty poor at the minute 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Connection to disconnected landline

Go to solution

@BB41 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Assuming you want to use BT Retail, as you have posted on this forum, then you just place an order for broadband only.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
So I don't need to use a BT phone line at all ???
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

As you are posting on a BT Customer forum , it’s a reasonable assumption that it’s BT you want to use for service, if it’s not , you should be asking questions on the customer forum of the company you would like to use .

BT offer a standalone broadband, so no telephony service, that still requires a physical ‘line’ , unfortunately many people associate landline and telephony as the same thing , a standalone broadband service needs a ‘line’ to work , fibre or copper , it may say in the advert ‘no landline needed’ , it should really say ‘ no requirement to take telephony’ 

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

There is no such thing as a BT Phone Line. The lines are the property of Openreach, who provide the network for many different providers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Yes I want to connect to a BT hub, I have a BT cable but it's not attached to anything (no socket face plate just a cable coming into the property.
How does this operate a BT hub ?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks, yes I was confused and realise I need to contact Open reach
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

You need to have a broadband package first. If a socket is needed, then that will be fitted by Openreach. You then plug in the supplied BT Smart Hub 2, into that socket.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@BB41 

You do not contact Openreach, they only speak to Service Providers, and will not speak to end users. They will just refer you back to your provider.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

You can't contact Openreach, they are not customer facing, they only deal with ISPs.

Any existing wiring you have is entirely irrelevant. You just order whatever service you want from whichever provider you want.

0 Ratings