cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Contract Renewal

Go to solution

I've just renewed my Fibre 1 contract with BT (even though I could have got it £2 per month cheaper with PlusNet) via phone. One of the contractual obligations is for BT to supply me (at no cost) with a Smart Hub 2 router (because I'm still using my original Home Hub 4 plus separate fibre modem). The contract renewal email makes no reference whatsoever to the router.

Can a mod pick this up and confirm that the router is being supplied please? (If it isn't then the renewal is void for breach of contract and I'll be off to PlusNet).

I have the VOL reference if required.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

With renewing your contract was there any mention of moving to digital voice?  If not then there is no reason for BT to supply a new SH2 as your existing setup is ok for your package.

If no mention of new hub in contract renewal email suggests there is no new hub.

You actually might be better sticking with what you have as you cannot split WiFi networks with SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.
There was no mention of digital voice ... the specific agreement was:

£25.99 per month for FTTC Fibre 1 (retaining the landline, no call package)
24 month contract (effective from 01-Feb-23)
Supply of Smart Hub 2 (as I'm still using the original Home Hub 4 that was supplied when I moved to BT when BE were bought by Sky, almost 10 years ago)

What do you mean about not being able to "split WiFi networks"? (I have my current 2.4G network with SSIDName, and my 5G network with the same SSID but prefixed with BT5G-, so BT5G-SSIDName

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Sort of off-topic ... why does the link below relate to my thread here? I though I had already created this thread in Bills & Packages?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Contract-Renewal/td-p/2271265

Thanks
Ian
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@siteguruwrote:

What do you mean about not being able to "split WiFi networks"? (I have my current 2.4G network with SSIDName, and my 5G network with the same SSID but prefixed with BT5G-, so BT5G-SSIDName

With SH2 you will have both WiFi bands under a single SSID. Same with Plusnet as they also use the SH2, albeit with a different name.

Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@siteguru wrote:

Sort of off-topic ... why does the link below relate to my thread here? I though I had already created this thread in Bills & Packages?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Contract-Renewal/td-p/2271265

It appeared that you had posted on the wrong board and I moved it to the correct board. The link is so that you could find it on the correct board. It may have been that I was mistaken about what board it was initially on.

Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the info.

If we can now leave this thread for a mod to pick-up re. the original question please. 🙂 

Thanks
Ian
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@siteguru wrote:

You can't do that with the Smart Hub2.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@siteguruwrote:

I've just renewed my Fibre 1 contract with BT (even though I could have got it £2 per month cheaper with PlusNet) via phone. One of the contractual obligations is for BT to supply me (at no cost) with a Smart Hub 2 router (because I'm still using my original Home Hub 4 plus separate fibre modem). The contract renewal email makes no reference whatsoever to the router.Can a mod pick this up and confirm that the router is being supplied please? (If it isn't then the renewal is void for breach of contract and I'll be off to PlusNet).I have the VOL reference if required.
Thanks in advance.

I renewed my F2 today, through a BT Agent. I was wary of the online renewal, and as it turned out, using a BT Agent was the correct thing to do.
My online 'Exclusive Renewal Offer' had a Smart Hub 2 Icon, right in the middle; which, when accessed, indicated SM2.
I asked the BT Agent whether or not, a new hub was part of the renewal. He didn't know; but was willing to bump me off to the Tech Team. All of the software tests show, all good. Software testing does not include 'a bloke with a tester; testing from the mechanical interfaces on the router, in the premises. No, I'm not willing to incur TRC, to find out. Yet, I've never seen more than 11Mbs Upload. I've heard all the reasons: it's what you have connected that's inhibiting the upload speed. Your hardware & software are causing the problem. I live on top of the BB Street furniture. Of the F2-80Mbs, I get 75Mbs; of the 16-18Mbs, I get 11Mbs. I've probably got, one of the faulty 3A/3B routers, that didn't grow out to 20Mbs, stuck at 10Mbs. I given up. I've settled for impasse. Life's too short !

POT-BT-207.gif

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Bump - for a mod to pick up and confirm please re. supply of the SH2 as agreed during the contract renewal phone call. (The confirmation emails make no mention of this).

If BT breaches the agreed terms of the renewal then the contract is void and I'll be off to PlusNet where I'll save £24 a year, and have a shorter contract term.

Thanks
Ian
0 Ratings