Message 11 of 26

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

Confirmation email received. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

I have about 2 weeks until my contract is due. I have been on Full Fibre 900 for 2 years and the service has been great. However the new price offered me was no cheaper than what I will be paying after the inflation price rise. I asked how much to downgrade to FF 500, and while obviously lower than 900, was still a lot more than what I would pay if I was a new customer, or if I changed providers. No amount of discussion would get the sales team to change their mind. So for the sake of £10 a month, BT is likely going to lose £120 a month (as I will move my family's mobile phone contract as well). 

I wonder if I was using the correct team. I chose the option, "if you are thinking of leaving us" when I rang up 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

@Elliboy wrote:

Just for info (again).....

After sleeping on it I decided to renew with BT. 

I had a good look at the Virgin and Vodafone offerings, which would have saved me between £8-12 per month, but, on this occasion, decided to stay with BT. 

One of the key reasons for staying with BT is this very forum. It's an excellent resource, and I have always found the people who run it incredibly helpful. I hope BT management appreciate it's value.

Thank you for your kind words @Elliboy 😁

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Just thought I would give an update.....

After a lack of success with the "retentions" team I decided to renew (and upgrade) my BT internet online. I opted for BT Full Fibre 100.

The ordering process was extremely easy and straightforward. I opted for two new basic digital voice phones. I am on PAYG calls, at two pounds per month.

I selected my installation date (a very reasonable 10 days wait). I received multiple text and emails keeping me informed of how things were progressing. Delivery of the kit was a couple of days before installation. 

On the installation date I was a little disappointed when a M J Quinn subby turned up. However, all went extremely well. The installer checked where I wanted the router installed and then got on with it. Installation looks neat. And most important, it worked well from the off. 147 mbs down and about 28 up. The installer tidied up and left. Service has been perfect ever since. 

Overall I am very pleased with how it all went. And I am glad I stayed with BT. I thought the service from BT/Openreach was excellent. 

One minor query. The installer tied the fibre cable to my downpipe using cable ties. It looks perfectly neat. Can I just confirm that is OK to do?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy and thanks for the update.

It's great to hear you're happy with the renewal though I'm not sure about the downpipe and cable ties. Can you post a picture of that?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Compress_20230411_185554_4209.jpg

Compress_20230411_185827_7542.jpg

Hi David,

Thanks David. I appreciate your help with this. Photos attached.

It's a standard two storey house. He has used six cable ties in all. 

Let me know if you need any additional info. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy and thanks fpr posting those pics.

To be honest that doesn't look right to me. We'll need to get that looked into. I've sent you a private message so drop me a reply with the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks for your help with this David.

A very helpful chap from Openreach rang me about 12 days ago and confirmed that the cable probably shouldn't have been attached to the downpipe. He asked if somebody could come round that day but I was not in. He said not to worry and that I would be contacted soon to arrange a visit. Nothing has happened since so I wonder if I have slipped through the net. 

It's not that important but thought I should mention it.

Internet working great by the way. Very happy with it. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Hi, @Elliboy I'm sorry about that, I can see my colleague @JohnC2 who was helping you with this. I'll let him know you've posted so this can be chased up with Openreach. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution
Thank you. I appreciate your help with this.
0 Ratings