cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

I'm looking at similar issues, I think BT think we won't look at what new customers could get.

At the moment I'm two weeks away from the end of my 2 years on 900M Full Fibre, I am now paying £74 after all of the inflation increases. My BT is offering me £54.99 as the best offer with or without the phone line (Digital voice).

EE are offering £48.50 as I have a mobile with them without a phone.
Plusnet are offering £41.99 with no phone 

and as a new customer BT is £40.99 without phone or £45.99 with phone.

So like for like a new customer would pay £9 less per month or £14 without a phone! Great to see the loyalty penalty is alive and well with BT.

So looks like time to cost BT money and move to another member of the BT Consumer family for no reason other than BT want to play games over charging me as renewing customer.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Good morning. 

Pleased to report internet is still working extremely well. Very pleased with it. Had a call from MJ Quinn and they are going to come back and tack the cable to the wall at some stage this week. 

One more question if I may. During the upgrade process I was advised there would be a £9.99 one off charge. This I elected to pay by debit card (March 24th).  However looking at my latest BT bill which has just come in they have charged me £9.99 again. Can I assume this is a mistake?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy That's great I'm glad to see you're up and running. I can see @JohnC2 has been helping you with this, I'll make sure to let him know about the £9.99 charge so that can be checked.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Thank you Neil and John.

I appreciate your help with this.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Just for info.

The very friendly chap from MJ Quinn came back this afternoon to tack the cable to the wall. 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Elliboy, thanks for the update on the installation on the cable work getting fixed and for speaking with me earlier.

Re:The billing query. The credit for your payment showed on the April bill but the charge did not show until the May bill.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings