cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Deceased

I am slowly losing the will to live with BT and just want someone to sort my problem out.

my dad died in December and I telephoned BT to inform them and cancel his phone and broadband. Since then I have had emails letters and texts all addressed to my dad. I have telephoned BT at least 10 times if not more asking them to stop sending these messages and delete my dads account. I have made official complaints but to no avail. I wrote to them again to make another official complaint and a very nice gentleman rang me yesterday and said he was extremely sorry - all the staff are when I speak to them - and said it was an error and should never have happened. Today I have had a text and email thanking my dad for returning his equipment !!!!

what do I need to do to make it sink in to  BT that my FATHER IS DEAD and STOP sending him messages. 
I cannot keep ringing and complaining if no one is taking any notice. I have dealt with many companies since my fathers death and BT are by far the worst 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Deceased

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Flossiemac,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to read about the loss of your Father. I know this would have been a distressing time for you and your family and I'm sorry if BT has added to this in anyway.

If you send me the details, I'll be able to help you with your complaint. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thank you

just so you know I have spoken to the bereavement dept 6 times, they have all the information. All equipment returned. I spoke to the bereavement team yesterday who assured me - as they have done the previous 5 times - that I would not receive any more messages. I have very little faith that this will get sorted 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Reply to @PaddyB 's PM and I'm sure he will sort it for you. The mods have a very good track record.

Message 6 of 8

Still waiting for a response !!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi, @Flossiemac I'm really sorry about the delay getting back to you, we're running a little behind due to the Bank holiday weekend but I can see you're in our queue and we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks but I’m still waiting 

0 Ratings