cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Double charged for delivery of Smart Hub

Just a heads up for anyone who makes a broadband order requiring delivery of new kit.

As I had come to the end of our contract I phoned up BT and got a deal on a new broadband package. A new Smart Hub was needed for this, and the customer adviser took the £9.99 charge for it over the phone by my credit card that he said was necessary to do to process the order. When my next bill came the £9.99 had been taken again lumped in with the broadband/phone bill, via the Direct Debit set up for this.

I messaged BT about this and have been told I will get the £9.99 refunded. I can imagine a lot of people don't log in and go through their bills and won't notice this and will end up paying twice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Double charged for delivery of Smart Hub

It's normal for the bill to show the £9.99 charge, on the first page it should also show the £9.99 payment you made by credit card, have you checked to see if it show? if it's not there it will show on your next bill if the payment was done very close to your billing cycle.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Double charged for delivery of Smart Hub

The bill for the month before showed my credit card payment that included the line rental saver I took out for a year and the delivery charge combined together. It hasn't been broken down, just the total listed as a 'Credit brought forward' on pg1, then under 'Payments' on pg3 of the bill.

However the bill for this month showed the delivery charge being taken again under 'Other Charges' on pg3. I can't see a refund having been made for the delivery charge to reflect I'd already paid it, just another debit for it.

0 Ratings