cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Elderly father misold 2 year package

Hello, 

my father was signed up to a new package in June for some extravagant broadband package that he has absolutely no use for to the tune of £50 a month. He said he never understood that from the conversation and he was being sent a free phone even though they only have a landline for incoming calls. 

It has only come to light as mum has been checking their bills with the current climate and he said BT did call him but to ‘save him money’ on renewing. They have sat for hours now in telephone queues to get no answer and have reluctantly had to ask me for help. 

This has to be unethical and I would like to know if there is a way to have this looked in to and cancelled without them having to sit for hours on end in the hope of an answer. 

My house is a high tech family of 4 using a £29.99 BT package just fine so why they would sell a 75 year old customer who plays games on his iPad such a package is beyond me. Surely they can see the useage etc at their end. 

In short they do not have this kind of money and I’m incredibly annoyed this is allowed 

Thanks  in advance for any suggestions 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Elderly father misold 2 year package

Hi @LauraHal,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you feel your father was missold his BT package. If you send me the information, I'll take a look at the details of the complaint to see what can be done.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 3 of 6

I sent all of the information and have not received a response from anyone? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Give them a chance. The mods are a very small team and are extremely busy, they respond to issues in strict order of receipt, they will reply when your issue reaches the top of the queue. Everybody thinks their problem is the most important.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @LauraHal, sorry we've not been in touch yet.

As @licquorice has said we are a small team and we'll be in touch as soon as you reach the top of the queue to help you. I've checked the queue and can confirm we've received your case.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@JohnC2 thanks John. That was all I was looking for not the rude reply received above. Parents have been told they’ll be cut off part of their package on 16th but I don’t want them ringing up and more going wrong so I have asked them to wait hence why I chased.

thank you for your response