cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Elderly relative switched from Sky to BT but still be billed for Sky TV packages

@imjolly
"I am a septuagenarian and take offence at your comment about the elderly and they are incapable of making decisions"

Looking at your profile I not convinced you're a real BT customer. If you're a fake BT customer services account, it's not helpful to mock genuine queries about poor BT customer service practices.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Re: Elderly relative switched from Sky to BT but still be billed for Sky TV packages

@licquorice
"I'm in my seventies and take exception to your stereotyping and attitude."

This is a similar response to the one by @imjolly. Also looking at your profile I not convinced you're a real BT customer. If you're a fake BT customer services account, it's not helpful to mock genuine queries about poor BT customer service practices.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

@Frankie8 wrote:
@imjolly
"I am a septuagenarian and take offence at your comment about the elderly and they are incapable of making decisions"

Looking at your profile I not convinced you're a real BT customer. If you're a fake BT customer services account, it's not helpful to mock genuine queries about poor BT customer service practices.

I am not nor have I ever been a BT employee.  I am a customer just like your relative

a typical response from you when customer don't agree with you and take exception to your comments about the elderly

just phone CS as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly and on-topic. We want everyone in the community to feel comfortable when posting questions and answers.

@Frankie8 The only employees representing BT in the community are the Moderators and Subject matter experts and this is explained in our profiles. The community leaders are not BT customer services and are posting their own personal opinions.

BT don't cancel other providers' TV services, there is no industry mechanism in place to do so. We can however take over broadband and line rental services and I am sorry your relative believed BT would also make arrangements for the Sky TV to stop. 

I will send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll happily look into your complaint.

Thanks

Neil

Message 15 of 15

I didn’t acknowledge the fact your relative is elderly as it’s a little demeaning to simply equate elderly with senility or someone liable to confusion ( as others of similar ages have pointed out ) .

I’m not blaming anyone for the fact that apparently a misunderstanding took place , simply pointing out that with many conversations the parties involved can have different recollections of what was discussed , you seem to take a somewhat contradictory view of the callers age being arguing that as your relative is elderly , they can  easily confused , and should have been handled with kid gloves , and the terms of the migration spelled out in a better fashion, if the result  was your relative assumed that Sky TV could be cancelled by BT , ( which is obviously wrong )  , but you don’t doubt this elderly person’s  ability to recall exactly what was said on a call from 9 month ago .

I would always look , especially if impropriety is suggested , that who is it that would benefit , in this case no one but Sky would , so why would the BT agent say anything misleading  as far as Sky TV is concerned, why would BT  say ,  explicitly , words to the effect , ‘ we will cancel your Sky TV ‘ when that’s not even possible ?.

I would concede that if something was said like ‘ we can cancel your Sky service’  that is open to interpretation , but context is everything, if Sky TV was mentioned specifically on the call , as the reason why they wanted to switch everything, then an indication that BT cannot cancel Sky TV woukd have been helpful, but we don’t know what was said , if there was a doubt , clarification should have been sort , if it were I cannot believe BT would say ‘ we cancel everything for you , including TV ‘ , it possible a recording of the call exists and ( AFAIK ) a transcript can be provided for a small fee.

You or your relative are at liberty to approach Sky , stating that the date the broadband was disconnected from Sky was the date the Sky TV was supposed to also be disconnected, but I would imagine they will say , you , and only you , needed  to have told us that you wanted to cancel the TV , separately from the broadband and phone .

0 Ratings