cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Engineer delays

Go to solution

Hi there.

I'm just wandering about current status of getting my BT home setup by Engineer sorted.  I'm switching from Virgin Media to BT.  I placed/started order early February.  Provisional Engineer visit was due 3rd March, but it's not happened yet & is still, apparently, awaiting confirmation.  I'm in my last few days of Virgin Media & I'm reliant on internet for MANY aspects (shopping online/banking/email/staying in touch with friends/video streaming/ordering medications etc...).  Can I get setup asap please?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Engineer delays

Go to solution

Variations of this story seem all too common on these forums unfortunately, some of which have run for months.

I'd suggest that you call Virgin & abort the cancellation of their service until after your replacement is up & running. Better to pay for two services for a month than risk going without one at all.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Engineer delays

Go to solution

If you have had an installation date not honoured, you are entitled to compensation at £5.25 per day from the initial install date to the actual install date.

i got over 200 pounds.......As i was already with BT i didnt lose service, so didnt have the issues you would have...

i set the ball rolling by making an online complaint linked to the order..

0 Ratings