cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Engineer

On 6 November I made my order. 23 November was given an engineer appointment, then the appointment was postponed to 28 November and now it was postponed to 2 December. We live in Fareham town centre. Can someone tell me what the problem is now?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Engineer

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT. Try CS 03301234150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

A lot depends on which broadband package you ordered. There may be a capacity issue with the Openreach network.

Use the address checker for your address, on the link below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I found my uprn number and this is the answer I got when I looked through the link you gave:

FTTP is not available.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules.CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

That does not indicate what is actually available. Use the address checker option, and display the full results. It indicates FTTP is not available, so you must be getting SOGEA  (Single Order Generic Ethernet Access) delivered over copper. So its possible that there are no spare ports available.

The full results from the address checker, will indicate that, as it will show "waiting list".

What package does it say on your BT order confirmation?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

We are foreigners and do not know the process.
Fibre essential i guess my order.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Adress checker said:

We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

It would have told you on your order confirmation email from BT.

If its fibre essentials, then it could be that there is no spare capacity in the cabinet,  to complete your order.

The address checker link I posted, should work. All you need is the postcode and address, for the checker to work.

As you cannot get that information, forum members will not be able to help, so all you can do is to ring BT.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

When I put in my postcode and selected my address, I got this answer.

We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete.

There are two flats in the same apartment block, when I select the address of the flat next door, I can get an answer. However, when I type my own door number, I get the answer above.

The email reads

Document one: Your contract summary

Services

Package summary

Broadband

• Fibre Essential

Speed of the internet access service and remedies in case of problems

Broadband speeds

We predict you'll get the following speeds:

Your estimated download speed: 29-32 Mbps

Your estimated upload speed: 6-8 Mbps

Your Stay Fast download speed: 26 Mbps

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Then I suspect you are waiting for Openreach to complete the network to your flat. There may be issues with the DP (Distribution Point), especially if its high on a wall. Or there may be internal routing issues.

There not much you can do until Openreach have the resources to complete the work.

Is it a new build property, or a building which has been converted to flats?

0 Ratings