cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Equipment return

Go to solution

Hi, could someone please help to clarify this for me?

I had my bt tv recording box (you view box) since way before Dec 2019, had some issues do the advisor suggested to send me a new box as mine was very old and it be at its retirement age so I accepted and got the new box but meanwhile fixed the issue and it’s ok but am being harassed by bt’s persistent texts & email how to return my old box. The status showing awaiting return. Am I gonna be charged if I didn’t turn either box as i want to keep the new one just in case the old one packed up. Bt owns the new one they sent yes but not the old one. How can I ask bt to take the waiting status on my account? Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Equipment return

Go to solution

Hi, @MoE1 welcome back to the community. If you were provided with your BT TV box before Dec 2019 then it is yours to keep and returning it is optional. However, as part of our environmental commitments, we do offer you the option to return it to us for free so any old or unused BT equipment can be recycled.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks Neil for the quick response. Is there anyway I could register my intentions of not wanting to return so to stop all these text/emails and wipe it off my account page? Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @MoE1

Thanks for posting back!

That's no problem.  We'll be able to sort that out for you.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @MoE1, thanks for getting in touch and the item has now been marked as received back.

Cheers

John