cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: FTTP Installation delays

So the ineffectivness you were going on about wasn't all down to BT & oprnreach then, not much they can do in those situations

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

I am afraid I do not agree. The initial problem was that fibre ducting was terminated 20 Metres from the duct leading into my house.

The  original date of installation was Dec 30th 2022. No one visited or notified me. Next visit AM Jan16th. Engineer appears at 4:30 despite being aware external work was required. Another engineer appears in February and says they need traffic management. Each week I was getting told I would be updated the following week. 

I then contact the CEO and get a contact at customer relations. In March another engineer appears and says they need a road closure as more ducting needs to be laid. All original work was carried out without a road closure.

In April they say they have applied for a road closure which can take up to 3 months. Eventually they get a date in June for the closure and get it installed.

Why did it take 4 months to request a road closure? This is totally down to BT/Openreach. I could have raised it with the Ombudsman but in view of the wait period and the fact that I was given a helpful contact at customer relations it did not seem worth it.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Seems to be normal for 3-4 months for traffic management I already have ducting but they need traffic management to access the ducting to feed the fibre cables I ordered In june and was given 14th August no one showed up then 18th then 20th September still no one now its 27th fingers crossed  someone shows up

0 Ratings