cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: False Default on my credit file

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.
The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I have no idea what BT policy is.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I understand it is a forum with customers.  It was the moderator that I was communicating with when they asked for me to reply to their private message to get this resolved.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

I have spoke with Equifax this morning again and been informed that BT has still not updated my credit file with the correct information with all the error codes and default removed.  They have told me that BT have to provide this information to the Credit Reference Agencies ie Equifax amd Experian before my credit file can be updated and this negative scoring against me will be removed.  It is vital that BT respond to this matter and address this as a matter of urgency.  BT are in fact due to provide Equifax with an update and I'm looking to be assured that they will be giving over the updated information from my account, after our conversation.  Could this matter be pressed please due to the time sensitive nature of my mortgage application being declined and now needs resubmitted once this issue is rectified accordingly.

Course of action needs to be: BT have to update my account and credit file team have to notify the credit reference agencies as a matter of urgency.  Otherwise my entire house move will fall through.  I'm being pressed every day from my lawyer for an update and I have no new information to provide them with.  

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Time to up the stakes John.

Contact Watchdog - they like this sort of issue.

Contact Citizens Advice.

Have you contacted BT's CEO?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
Every day I have been inundating them with phone calls, emails, complaints etc however I'm still no further forward in getting this resolved. I'm looking to seek advice from Citizens Advice this week. I'm unsure of the protocols with BTs CEO. Watchdog I will look into.

I'm being told they have settled my account and accepted liability, however this information is not reflected on my credit file. ONLY BT can forward the new information onto the Credit Reference Agency's. But they have also failed to respond to the disputes that they have raised. I have stressed the urgency of this matter being resolved as my mortgage process is now time sensitive. 1st application declined and I'm no further forward. BT have to be prioritising these serious issues affecting people's lives yet still no further forward.
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @John1984 ,

I wanted to post an update for the benefit of the community. I can see you dealt with our executive complaints team who confirmed the credit referrals guys had updated our systems and also updated Equifax so hopefully everything is in order for you now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Hi 

Yes that is correct. Thanks for updating  we finally got our issue resolved after weeks of constant phone calls to BT to have this removed from our Credit file.  We also emailed the CEO for BT directly and raised this dispute with the CFAs.

0 Ratings