cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: False promises on setting up Full Fibre

@TimGlass 

they are entirely separate companies in the BT Group and deal with their customers separately just as Plusnet id company in BT Group but have their on packages and T&C.  It sounds like you have actually been moved to EE with your new order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 26

Thanks for explanation.

Wonder why the people I spoke to clearly identified themselves as BT, and were not at all complimentary about EE!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

@iniltouswrote:

"7. BT hold no more sway with Openreach than any other provider like Sky or Talk Talk ,"

Just to add, this is an OFCOM regulatory / legal requirement - not BT or Openreach's "choice".

Message 14 of 26

If City Fibre have already installed their own toby box outside your address , then it’s conceivable that by doing so they have in effect blocked any other provider from installation of their own toby box , or the footpath is now so congested that getting any new infrastructure in the footpath is problematic.
My comment about ‘nonsense’  was simply in regard to being advised that the original developer still has some involvement, once the roads and footpaths are adopted by the local authority, Openreach have access rights under the NRSWA and obviously any work on your property just needs your agreement, hence referring you to a now defunct developer is ridiculous 

As the BT moderator has offered to help , it’s probably wise  to defer to them , however this may ultimately be the wrong place for commenting if EE are the provider and not BT .

Message 15 of 26

Thanks. Open Reach did all of their work prior to City Fibre, and their cables run one side of the road, Open Reach other.  Anyway, rants over, so I'll just see what happens. As I said, I was always under the impression that it was BT I was dealing with - maybe I should have been more wary! Live and Learn....and it was BT who cut off my copper...C'est la vie...

(PS : after trying to get Full Fibre OR came out and left their paintwork on the pavement to show where it would go - markings still there)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Sorry to hijack the thread but you have raised a valid point. Virgin put there cable in years ago (and made a mess of the pavements) City Fibre put their cable in this year (and made a mess but bit less) so if we ever get BT Full Fibre where on earth are Openreach going to put the cable ? 🤣 Meant to be laid by Dec '25.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

If Openreach had their FTTP in first ( but you never took advantage until now ) and City Fibre came along afterwards, then it’s odd that as the have access rights under PIA ( passive infrastructure access ) that CF didn’t use the newly provided Openreach infrastructure and went to the expense of building their own infrastructure…..if the existing OR infrastructure is on the opposite side of the road to you , then at a minimum a road crossing is needed , that is a considerable undertaking and obviously will require consultation with the local authority etc .
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Not sure exactly what they've done, but City Fibre have put boxes outside every house, ready for hook up. I think they may actually have shared some of the culverts as well. The whole estate is now set up for fibre for every house. Any necessary road crossings have been done, put in place and tarmacked in.
PS : Some houses have boxes for City Fibre and Virgin - identified by the box wording. Boxes side by side. They actually look to have done a really good job (City Fibre and OpenReach)

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

@ArtyVark our street is served by Virgin Media who've been in for many years, then CityFibre came along and ran their cables through without any digging and a few months after CityFibre, Openreach popped up and ran their cables through. Based on the no digging, I can only assume that CityFibre and Openreach used the ducting that was originally installed by Virgin Media. 

When we were connected last year, an OR chap came to pull the cable through to our house and left it nicely outside for the internal installation chap to come and do his bit a few days later. The whole process was completed within 10 days of initial order to our ISP. Which was interesting because BT told me that OR had no appointments for 3-6 months 🤣

Message 20 of 26

Openreach can’t use anyone else’s infrastructure , they are not allowed to use anyone else’s ducts , boxes etc , the only sharing agreement agreement called PIA is a one way deal , others can use Openreach , Openreach cannot use anyone else’s infrastructure.
0 Ratings