cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre 1 broadband

I ordered a fibre 1 broadband on the 2nd of January 2023, I was told by email that it will be delivered on the 5th of January and to be activated on the 6th January 2023. I then logged into my BTapp to check in the delivery and it says that an engineer will come on the 17th not sure what for. Will my broadband will still come on the 5th or will I have to wait longer?

Can someone let me know as soon as possible please? Thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre 1 broadband

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

If you are a new customer ordering on 2nd January then highly unlikely activated on the 6th as normally about 14 days after order placed and could be longer at this time of year due to holidays

you can phone CS 03301234150 to check dates

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Lisaorchard22 

Its quite possible that the activation date is correct. Normally on a new provision, an Openreach appointment is created so that if activation fails, then a visit will be made on that later date.

Because the unknown status of the line going into your property, and what is on the end of it, i.e. a master socket, the Openreach appointment is there in case its needed. If activation is sucessful, then that appointment is cancelled.

The exception to this would be if you have paid extra for an engineer install.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Is this a new provision or are you switching from another provider? Switching usually defaults to 14 days from order. Given the 2nd was a bank holiday that would then equate to 17th.

But as above, best to call to query it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Aahh right ok thank you, that makes sense, thank you for a quick reply, it should still work as I’ve had talk talk and plusnet broadband before but still not fast enough.

Again thanks for the reply, helps a lot 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It won't matter what provider you use, they will all be using the same copper pair at the same distance from the cabinet to your house and thus the same speed.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Are you being upgraded to FTTP ?,

if your address now has FTTP available, it’s possible that your existing copper pair service that previously delivered broadband won’t be  used , even if it’s ‘only’ fibre 1 speeds you are want , but I  would imagine if that were the case that you would be advised at order entry, as it would need an engineer visit to fit the FTTP equipment  etc.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Entering your address this will show if FTTP is available, if it is , then any new order would use that, if it’s not available then the existing copper line would be used .

0 Ratings