cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre installation delay

Guys  I'm signed up for BT fibre but installation has been twice postponed - technical issues. Fair enough but meanwhile BT has activated closure on my current contract with TalkTalk so I am imminently to be without any land-line or broadband connection whatsoever. BT advise this is for TalkTalk to put right. TalkTalk advise it is for BT to put right. HELP!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre installation delay

@EricW9 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help.

Meanwhile try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Presumably you mean FTTP when you say signed up to BT ‘fibre ’ , with FTTP being separate from copper pair based services line ADSL/VDSL ( FTTC ) unless you asked for your phone number to be migrated from Talk Talk then there is no reason why your TT service is affected , unless you separately contacted them yourself and asked them to cease service assuming your FTTP would be installed without any issues.

As far as getting the TT service restored, its nothing to do with BT , but it’s complex , if you did ask for the phone number to be ported to BT ( or returned to BT if it were originally moved from BT to TT ) then if the FTTP install was never closed ( because it wasn’t installed ) then the TT service should continue, if it were closed in error by Openreach so TT were told to release the number , or you independently asked for your old service to be ceased , getting TT service restored could be tricky as once FTTP is thought to be installed it’s the default method of provision and returning to copper isn’t normally available via standard methods.

Ultimately though if you want TT to restore service, obviously BT cannot provide something on another providers behalf , if TT  have ‘ceased’ your services  its TT than need to do something about it .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks. That makes it pretty clear but with both TT & BT saying it's the other's issue . . . ! Wish me luck!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Often BT will supply a MiFi type mobile connection to get you over the gap between copper and FTTP if copper service is ‘lost’ and the FTTP is delayed 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Most helpful to me over the past many weeks - to do with repeated postponements of Openreach groundworks which i think underlie my current crisis - have been some BT guys in Scotland  - Dundee I think - but although I have their phone  & text nos. preserved in my call log these are all 'no reply'. Does anyone have a contact no. for this specific team?

0 Ratings