cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Final Bill exists when Ieft on last day of contract / returned kit, being told not returned

Hello

issue1:

I left BT on the 8/11/23 as this was my contract end date, so that I would owe BT no money whatsoever as you Pay Up Front for your month and/or part month in advance (your first bill may be higher than normal) on the letters, remember?

BT  messed it up (expected, as I was leaving) and changed it to 20/10/23, I got my new ISP to sort it out with Openreach (and he did), however I am now being billed £18, and I believe It's for this incorrect leaving date of 20/10/23 -  I did not leave until 8/11/23.

So, I shouldn't owe anything, that was the whole point of leaving on that date, on the same day my new ISP took exactly 1 month's money upfront as per!... so how can I be paying £18 to BT!???

issue 2:

Router Return, i get texts every day saying we havent received your router, you will be charged £50 if not returned by 7/1/24 - I posted it, and it was received by BT yesterday... I've just got another text this morning!

here is proof:

BT returned.jpg

So I dispute the charges

and the kit is returned, i have the receipt as proof of sending, and tracked proof of receiving it!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Final Bill exists when Ieft on last day of contract / returned kit, being told not returned

your post does not go to BT so suggest you try billing to update records.  from previous posts it can take up to 4 weeks after receipt before BT update you records

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Final Bill exists when Ieft on last day of contract / returned kit, being told not returned

this community is useless for its purposes, staff on here HAVE access to customers accounts, they sorted stuff before via the forum

ANY OTHER TIME I WOULD BE PM'D, ASKED FOR I.D. N SORTED OUT

JUST BECAUSE I LEFT! - PATHETIC

BLACKLISTED!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @snadge

Thank you for posting back.

I am sorry for the confusion around the £18 charge and for the reminders you're receiving about returning the equipment.  I understand that you've already returned the equipment and obtained a proof of postage.

As we deal with cases in turn as we receive them, it'll take us a day or two to get round to your case.  Do you want to give our guides in the helpdesk a shout who'll be able to resolve this for you today?  You can reach them on 0330 1234 150.  If you're happy to wait for us to pick up your case that's cool too.  Let me know and I can message you privately.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings