cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Full fibre order delayed

Hi,

I received a letter in the post a few weeks ago to advise full fibre is now available in my area and after years of poor download and upload speeds it was a no brainer to upgrade!

I placed an order on 17th January and was given an engineer appointment for 1st February, however this weekend I have received the following text message:

Just an update on your order. We need to carry out some additional work to get you connected. We are working hard to fix this but it may take a few weeks

Has anyone else had a similar experience and any idea of how long this will actually take? It's not clear what work they need to do and everything is a bit vague. There was no number to call to discuss so thought I could get some insight from the community members.

Also I had a look on DSL checker, these are my results if someone more knowledgeable on the subject could check them please:

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) Bergerman_0-1643542075670.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) Bergerman_1-1643542075674.gif
24.416.521.214AvailableAvailable
24.11521.211.4AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 3--1.5 to 5.5Available
Up to 2--1.5 to 4.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full fibre order delayed

Hi @Bergerman, welcome back, and sorry that your move over to Full Fibre has been delayed. 

As it suggests it may take a few weeks it sounds like some of the external network still needs to be put in place. If you give us a call and speak with the FTTP orders team they'll check and let you know what exactly is happening with your order.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings