cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Gamepass Ultimate Subscription Problems - A Warning

Posting this story just as a warning this may not necessarily happen to you, just my own personal experience.

When I renewed my broadband contract over a year ago I got gamepass ultimate for a year, this subsequently expired on the 7/8 March this year. I bought some codes ready to activate them to get control back over my account, I typed them in they didn't work and I was told to contact my subscription provider, basically BT have kept control over my Account/Subscription.

I initially searched here and saw a few people with same problems going back to July 2022, I thought great a solution will be simple for support to sort.

Phoned up BT, it all went downhill from here, 1st couple of people I spoke to said the problem didn't exist as they could see my gamepass was cancelled,  and nothing they could do, I persisted and eventually got somebody who listened, and my issue got raised to the highest complaint level and to wait for a call back.

I received the call back later the same day from a person saying all gamepass subscriptions are dealt with by a third party, and they had contacted them and all would be sorted in 5 working days, and complaint was closed. Excellent I thought.

In the meantime I had contacted Microsoft/Xbox support to see if they could do anything I received the following details from them.

Microsoft has limited access and visibility over subscriptions purchased through a third-party retailer.

Microsoft cannot cancel or help turn on or off recurring billing for subscriptions purchased through a third-party retailer.

I waited the 5 working days still couldn't work with my account so phoned back, 1st rep basically said nothing I can do and what do you expect me to do about it, tried again got a wonderful lady who understood and tried to contact the original person who dealt with my complaint, great I thought, later that day I got an email saying complaint closed with no contact whatsoever.

So up till yesterday I kept trying my codes and nothing was working, so I finally called back again, 1 month after my initial phone call, and I hit the jackpot, a rep who was a fellow gamer and he was/is brilliant after he understood my problem, he contacted several different departments, who couldn't help.

One solution he tried was to give me another 12 months gamepass subscription until my contract with BT expires, but his manager said nope I would have to renew my contract for 2 years, and I'm not doing that.

Other solution BT gave him and he was embarrassed by the suggestion as he is a gamer, was to set up a new account with a new email address!! This would mean I would lose all my digital content linked to that email address and all my progress over the years.

So, so far no solutions to this problem.

So currently I am waiting for him to phone me back as he was/is fuming with BT over this and is refusing to close the complaint till sorted.

It has been an absolute shambles from start to finish with BT on this, and I'm sure this will never happen to you, but just be aware.

Apologies for the length of this.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Gamepass Ultimate Subscription Problems - A Warning

Hi @Bry1870

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the BT Community.

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your Game Pass.  I understand that the pass as expired now however you're unable to add any codes.  As a fellow gamer myself, I feel your pain.

I will send you a private message in a moment with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for reaching out I appreciate it, I won't respond to you just yet, I will wait and see if the person I was dealing with yesterday can come up with a solution today as I don't want to clog up the system with multiple complaints. 

And I am slowly losing the will to live with this, it shouldn't be this hard.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

That's no problem @Bry1870

Keep us posted how this goes and keep in mind that we are here to help out too, if needs be.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Update - After another afternoon of phone calls, BT have no solutions and are basically washing their hands of me. So please if you are thinking of getting this offer, I would advise you to think carefully.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Bry1870 ,

Our offer of help still stands. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thanks again  but I already responded to your colleague just a little while ago👍

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I loathe to repost here, but as off today I still have this problem and no communication from anybody in BT for 2 weeks about a solution or why this is happening. It is beyond frustrating. Does anybody have any suggestions who else I can contact? Or what are my rights at this time with this?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Bry1870,

I am so sorry that this has happened.

This is so disappointing as I raised it to the Xbox team for you to get it sorted.

I'll go over your account to see who was involved and get in touch with them today.

Thank you

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Bry1870,

We currently have a ticket for you raised with Microsoft.

There will be a call on Friday discussing your case. We'll do all we can to get it fixed for you.

I'll be working on Friday so I will update you again after the call.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings