cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

HOW TO REGISTER A LPA

My farther in law is in his late 80's. He is losing his memory . I am trying to help him manage his utilities and especially his finances. I would have to say that BT is the absolute worse in terms of even attempting to give  elderly people non digital access to their  accounts and packages. I therefore need to resort to getting his LPA registered with BT. Could somebody help me in starting this process which I am sure will be protracted and difficult.

He does not use his Broadband ( £69.05) and has a 700 minutes call plan (but still manages to rack up £50 per month in call charges). BT cannot identify what these calls are ?????? But can bill for them.

I am fairly sure he was miss sold Full Fibre 900 with Halo 3 but until I  can access his account I cannot pursue my complaint with BT. Ironically he used to be an ex BT employee.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: HOW TO REGISTER A LPA

@BrianJ1 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Meanwhile read https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/what-power-of-attorney--poa--does-bt-accept-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: HOW TO REGISTER A LPA

Hi @BrianJ1, the process to register the LPA is not complex and should be completed smoothly and quickly.

Check out this link for information on: What Power of Attorney (PoA) does BT accept? | BT Help

The quickest and simplest way is to email the LPA to: POA@bt.com with information on the relevant BT account so it can be registered. Once processed the POA team will let you know it has been completed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings