Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Halo 3+ for £4 extra offer

Go to solution

@StuartH 

Reply to private message sent. Thanks. 

@licquorice 

Wow! I’ve had some helpful responses from this forum in the past, but none as quick as this.

Thanks again👍

Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

This is bordering on farcical now.

I had a call from the mods last night who are a credit to this forum and BT. He said they couldn’t be 100% certain, but it is their understanding that the offer I had of £4 a month extra would cover everything I have now including calls.

Based on that I placed the order and indeed it did come out at a £4 a month increase with my calling plan in the package. It’s is not clear at all from the small print whether that is a chargeable add on though, so I phoned BT this morning to clarify only to be told the systems don’t let them see, or alter, the details of orders less than 24 hours old, so they have no idea if I will be charged extra for the calling plan. This is obviously the hurdle the mods couldn’t get through as well.

I now have no choice but to wait until tomorrow to find out by which time the disc and hybrid will have been dispatched incurring delivery costs, and return costs if I cancel.

Fwiw, the package details which just quoted one price of £65 with no breakdown are below.

BT Halo
  • BT Halo 3+
Broadband
  • Fibre with Halo 3+
Broadband add-ons
  • Complete Wi-Fi
  • Hybrid Connect
Home Phone
  • 700 minutes
Home phone add-ons
    • 700 Minutes Call Plan
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I've got a similar issue at the moment in that I'm being made an offer of a discount to renew six months early. But when I go to checkout the small print seemingly tells me I can't have that offer. Again like you, the only way to find out is to checkout & see what happens, then potentially spend hours on the phone trying to undo it.

It's hard to know if this is deliberate smoke & mirrors to make us think we're getting something we're not, or sheer incompetence. Either way it's pretty poor. I don't know how the Mods manage to deal with all this BS on a daily basis, especially in your case where there appears to be no definitive answer.

Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

I hope it’s incompetence. If it’s deliberate it’s unforgivable!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Or save yourself a ton of money, Buy the discs off ebay along with the hybrid connect and just downgrade to Fibre 2.. Is there any other reason you need Halo 3? It's a con in my eyes. Unless your requiring extra customer support.. which is rare as hens teeth with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

I am very angry and have been totally misled.

My next bill estimate has just updated. It’s increased by £12. The calling plan is not included.

I know you told me so before anyone says it🤦‍♂️
I’m in touch with the mods to hopefully get this mess sorted out one way or another.

Moral of the story. Do not believe a word of any emailed offers from BT! This is no way to run a company or retain customers.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Final post on this.

It has been sorted out quickly and efficiently by the mods. @PaddyB  thank you.

The misleading email is also being investigated, so hopefully those will soon be a thing of the past.