cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Harassing and bullying texts

Today I received my weekly bullying and aggressive text to return kit or I will be charged. As is usual with keyboard warriors you cannot respond as the text reply comes back failed to send. Therefore I will post it here.

Please stop sending me texts on this subject. On 3rd October you sent me

Hello, BT here. Thanks for returning your kit. We'll now recycle or dispose of this equipment in a safe and environmentally friendly way.

It would be nice to think that people whose main job is communications could do it in a joined up way instead of sending aggressive and bullying texts.
Obviously not
Let's see what the ombudsman has to say
Lookout for your review on twitter or whatever it is called this week

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Harassing and bullying texts

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

It is presently taking BT up to four weeks to update accounts after receipt of returned items.

If you call BT 0330.1234.150 with your Proof of Posting or Proof of Delivery they will update your account at that time.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Sorry I do not believe I need any evidence of the postage as it was a free bag they sent me. Also they have acknowledged they have received the package. I fail to see why I need to do anything due to the failures in their system. 
I also find it disgusting that an organisation that has communications as its basis of existence does not have a section in their complaints page to deal with complaints against them other than the online methods for set subjects.

please be aware that this is not directed at you but at BT.

I do not have time in my life to call them as undoubtedly I will be in a queue for a period, talk to someone who is only there to deal with the specific online topics and when asked to be transferred to their manager will end up listening to more Muzak I don’t want to hear.

apologies to you again for the rant

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Dick01me I'm sorry you're being sent messages asking to return equipment that you've already sent back? The messages are automated and they're not intended to antagonise you.  Was there more than one piece of equipment that needed to be sent back?

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and we'll be happy to help you get this resolved.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

gg30340

If BT says "Hello, BT here. Thanks for returning your kit. We'll now recycle or dispose of this equipment in a safe and environmentally friendly way." it surely must mean they have updated their records of items received.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@allanraymond wrote:
gg30340

If BT says "Hello, BT here. Thanks for returning your kit. We'll now recycle or dispose of this equipment in a safe and environmentally friendly way." it surely must mean they have updated their records of items received.

Does it, I wouldn't know, or does it just mean that a receipt has been automatically sent out when the returned items address label was scanned without it updating the persons account.  

Message 7 of 13

The statement "It is presently taking BT up to four weeks to update accounts after receipt of returned items." has been quoted on this forum for quite a while. Is the four week still vaild and if so where does it say this via an official BT channel?

If an item is scanned on receipt I would have thought it would then be automatically entered on the account of the sender. Why would it be entered at a later date?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

This is BT remember.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@allanraymond wrote:
The statement "It is presently taking BT up to four weeks to update accounts after receipt of returned items." has been quoted on this forum for quite a while. Is the four week still vaild I have no idea but I have heard nothing to the contrary. and if so where does it say this via an official BT channel? The time scale was given from a BT source and before you ask I will not say which source.

If an item is scanned on receipt I would have thought it would then be automatically entered on the account of the sender. Why would it be entered at a later date? I never said it was, it was put forward as a possible reason but perhaps as you are eluding that the time scale and what happens when an item is returned is not as I have posted you could enlighten us as to what does happen and what the time scale is.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi Everyone, 

Please keep it friendly, thanks.  

On the 'Remember to return your equipment' emails that we send to customers it does advise how long it is taking to process the returns. At present, this is currently 3 weeks. I've copied an extract of the message included in the email below

Already returned your kit?
It can take up to three weeks for us to process returns. If you've recently sent your kit back, you can ignore this email. If we've already charged you, we'll refund you automatically when we process the return.

@allanraymond that acknowledgment usually means the return has been processed, that's why I asked the OP if there was more than one piece of equipment that needed to be returned. Maybe something was missed when the return was being processed.

Thanks

Neil